Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EternalSlumber

Embarking On A 25 Day Water Fast Journey (4 liters?)

I've began a water fast about 2 hours ago to cleanse and detoxify my body, I desperately need this to get out all that soda I had two years ago when my acne was bad and all that other junk I consumed for the past 20 years. I did a pre 2 day fast a few days ago and ready to do one once and for all.

Goals - To balance hormones

Smooth out blue undereye circles

Get a glowing complexion that girls will fall for lol

Clear Up body pimples (not too severe) Just this one area, the butt lol

Smooth out minor acne scars

TO FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN!

So I'm definitely ready to do this. All I have to do is keep myself busy and I'll make it to the 25 day mark. I may have to stop on the 6th of November cause I may have to eat dinner on that day, I'll try to eat very little. I'm not telling anyone about this cause they'll make me stop. But it's for my own health.

I will keep everyone posted on the result and changes I'm seeing. I'll lift some weights to keep my muscles up.

Edited by EternalSlumber

Pretty stupid idea IMO, but good luck i guess.

I'm not sure why there are water fasting haters out there. Few here did such a thing and not only cured their acne but their scars also smoothed out. But they had to eat a well balanced diet to prevent acne from returning. I'm hoping I grow some height during this fast as well and build muscle faster.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Dude, your body detoxes all the time. No need to starve yourself; just eat real food.

People have been fasting for thousands of years. I know people who fast for longer than 25 days. So, to the haters, quit it. Fasting has been proven to have a myriad of health benefits.

Make sure you pay close attention to your body. Do tons of research on fasting, and know what's normal and what's not.

Drink herbal teas, like Rooibos, Dandelion Root, Chamomile, Spearmint etc. Drinking these helps satiate cravings for me. Adding a little salt to the water you drink (just a pinch to one or two glasses) is going to help keep your electrolytes regular.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Also, we want pics. ;)

yes black if you want to die, or just get unhealthy. Fasting is stupid, shown to be unhealthy. And its no long term solution to acne.

Joris, did you know dogs starve themselves when they're sick and have a toxin in their body that they want flushed out? Why do you think we're not hungry when we have the flu...its instinctual. Go for it eternalslumber! But I don't think your supposed to work out when fasting...your body is going to be way to weak. You want to preserve your energy, it's going to be hard enough getting out of bed everyday...and I suggest some juice too, you need vitamins.

A week long fast makes sense, but 25 days is just stupid.

Fasting is beneficial upto a certain amount of time, any time after that offers no benefits and and only negatives. Think how bad your immune system will be with nothing, your body will be eating muscles for fuel by the end of week 1, and going to the gym wont help retain them as your not providing fuel from anywhere else.

Why would anyone go to the gym while fasting, LOL. Talk about missing the point. Fasting isn't about muscles. Gaining muscle is easy.

I've had some good times fasting, but my opinion of it has dropped since I stopped eating sugar and found it had most of the same benefits. I might try a small fast for a few days and see how it goes some time.

People have been fasting for thousands of years.

Ah, the good old days, when average life expectancy was 30. It was a simpler time, less crowded (except with corpses), you could just go to your barber to get a tooth pulled (and boy, did a lot of teeth need pulling before that bad ol' flouride showed up in the water).

One 25-day water fast could be enough to stimulate epigenetic changes that will help you have to fight obesity the rest of your life -- so be sure to record your weight now and in 15 years, it's a cool experiment! Even better, you may pass those epigenetic changes down to your kids, shortening their life expectancy (one way to get them off the couch). What a great way to tell your body "You're starving -- you better convert every calorie you ever get into fat from now on!" And that's healthy, since we live in a time when it's very, very hard to get access to lots of food on a daily basis, just like those people who fasted a thousand years ago.

and I suggest some juice too

There ya go, starve AND make fructose your primary source of calories. What could be healthier? Did you know that dogs, when they're sick, will jump up and grab oranges, then stomp the juice out of them and lick it up? It's nature's way! I read it on the web somewhere, I'm pretty sure.

Do tons of research on fasting, and know what's normal and what's not.

No need to do "tons" -- just read the WWII starvation (oops, I mean "water fasting") experiments on conscientious objectors. Then start shopping for pants that use elastic and have no zippers. Or maybe move to Hawaii, where it's more socially acceptable to wear muumuus every day of the week. More of you to love, etc. I'm just sayin' :D

Ah, the good old days, when average life expectancy was 30. It was a simpler time, less crowded (except with corpses), you could just go to your barber to get a tooth pulled (and boy, did a lot of teeth need pulling before that bad ol' flouride showed up in the water).

Uh-huh, because people were fasting in 16th century England :rolleyes:

I have started over and going to fast until 3 days before Thanksgiving, then during those 3 days I'll eat fruits and veggies. Then on Thanksgiving I'll bring in a bit of meat and grain and a bit of Cranberries.

Hopefully my sweet tooth will finally stop hurting.

Ok right now I have a pimple that is red on my back on the right side, I will use that to see if fasting really does help pimples which it should. I had this pimple on my right leg right by my knee and it was hurting when I touched it. I fasted for nearly two days and now it's gone. I have another one right by it but it's not as big as the previous ones. I will also use those as a result object.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Really man, good luck. My goal was never 25 days, but I tried so hard to do a week water fast. Both times I tried I made it to day number 3 and when I woke up I couldn't even get out of bed. I literally had to drag myself on the floor to the kitchen to put anything in my mouth that was there. This could be just my personal experience though, as I'm already underweight for my age.

This weekend is time for my fast, will eat untill friday afternoon and then again on sunday afternoon. Im working both days so I can keep my mind focused on something. Sleep will be 9+ hours both days and I will take apple cider vinegar morning and night.

Last time I did this I felt great and noticed improvement, but compared to 25 days its completely different.

Joris, did you know dogs starve themselves when they're sick and have a toxin in their body that they want flushed out? Why do you think we're not hungry when we have the flu...its instinctual. Go for it eternalslumber! But I don't think your supposed to work out when fasting...your body is going to be way to weak. You want to preserve your energy, it's going to be hard enough getting out of bed everyday...and I suggest some juice too, you need vitamins.

correction - dogs dont starve themselves to get better. they leave their group and starve themselves when they want to die.

dogs eat grass when they want to remove toxins from their body. their stomachs cannot process it, so they often convulse within the hour.

i think this guy is a troll. a similar thread was put up a few months ago and i think the dude was honestly hoping to kill a few of us off. *shame on you*

Fasting, for the most part, isn't bad for you. It isn't entirely necessary either. Fasting will most likely temporarily clear you up because you aren't eating anything you're sensitive to.

A 25 day fast is highly unnecessary and you'd get the same results with a strict diet - only you'd be nourishing yourself.

I'd say intermittent fasting (a day here and there) would give your body a bit of a break from focusing on digestion, but ultimately, this isn't something you NEED to do.

Just eat a healthy diet.

Uh-huh, because people were fasting in 16th century England :rolleyes:

Oh but they most likely were - and I can assure you it probably was more for religion than it was for health.

People would (and still do) partake in these spiritual fasts and when they get happy feeling or become delusional from hunger, they assume it's something spiritual instead of biological.

The OP suffered an unfortunate accident as he was proven to be a troll. :P He is no longer with us. Alas.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape