Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlite

Tried TCA 15% peel

Wow. My face wouldn't stop burning! lol It was pretty painful. Ironic, since my TCA cross didn't hurt at all. It makes we wonder if I REALLY received 100% TCA solution the first time. I had minimal results, but the TCA 15% made me frost nicely. I hardly saw any frosting at all from the SUPPOSEDLY 100% TCA solution.

I bought the 100% TCA solution from a random site online similar to ebay. I bought the 15% peel from makeupartistschoice.com because sapphirelily recommended it. I think makeupartistschoice is a legitimate place to buy REAL TCA solution.

I'm kind of excited now to use this peel and find out what the results will be over the next few months. I wonder if doing a cross with a different 100% TCA will yield real results!

Good one Starlite! Hope all goes well and keep us posted with your progress. All the best with the treatment. :dance:

Thank you, nessie! I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Most of all, I hope this will help with the scarred/enlarged pores on my nose.

Day two and my skin is peeling quite a bit. I've had several peels in the past, including a high % glycolic peel, but this is the first one that really made my skin peel. lol

The night I did this, my skin was beet red. The color has subsided by now.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Hello, it's been a couple of weeks and my scars look like they've returned to normal. I'd like to give it a few more tries before I expect improvement. Will keep everyone updated!

So I spoke way too soon about the results of my peel. It's been almost two and a half weeks and my skin is noticeably smoother. My rolling scars look like they've improved the most. I suppose you can see the results most after two weeks. I'm going to try my next peel next monday.

Did another peel on Sunday. I have a few brown patches on my cheek, and I'm peeling sheets. lol I did notice a difference in the texture of my scars about three weeks after my last peel. Hopefully I'll see even more improvement.

Honestly, I do think they look a little better. Not enough to really quote a percentage, but slightly noticeable improvement. Of course, I've noticed that my face is a lot less oily, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Actually, Substate, what I meant is that my face is a lot less oily than it was a few years ago. I remember my nose was always, always oily, and probably had a lot to do with why my pores looked enlarged. I think you should find ways to reduce the production of oil in addition to anything else you do to treat your pores.

Oh, in that case, did you find a way to reduce the amount of oil or was it just natural (hormonal, stress levels)? I've tried a lot of moisturizers but none of them seem to work without giving me that greasy look.

Wow, I could have sworn I responded to you, SubState. My bad!

I think it was partly hormonal and partly topical. My face is much less oily than it was in my early twenties. I used a brand called Dr. Hauschka for more than a year, and I suspect that had something to do with it. The line is all-natural and works synergetically with the skin. I still break out, especially around my chin (hormonal), but my skin isn't nearly as oily. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil makes the skin LOOK oily, but it did ultimately control the oil production of my skin.

website for those products

I still have a problem with blackhead on my nose, though. :( Still not sure what to do about that, other than extract and do baking soda scrubs once in a while.

I did my third peel a little over a week ago. It seems to good to be true, but my deepest, widest rolling scar looks like it's filling in. The peel has really helped my rolling scars more than anything! My roommate even commented that the pores around ONE side of my nose looked smaller, and it's funny, I looked in the mirror and noticed the same thing! The pores were smaller and less pronounced on one side of my face! Maybe I didn't distribute the peel evenly. I've also been applying the copper peptides, soothing moisturizers, and sunscreen more frequently.

I did a booster, applying a second layer about 5 minutes after the first one when I did the peel. It hurt so badly. I regretted it days later after my skin peeled, it looked almost TOO thinned and I thought I had damaged my face (this is only 15%, I can't imagine what a stronger peel would do). But now it's looking much better. I'm curious to see how my skin will look by the end of the month. :)

Edited by Starlite

Hey SubState! It's been a little over a month since my last TCA peel.

About three and a half months ago, I gave myself Restylane injections for my deepest rolling scars. So while I have seen improvement in my rolling scars, my deepest one is starting to look bad again. I'm just going to keep injecting the area to plump it up until I graduate, when I can really invest the time and $ in subcision, dermal grafting, dermal filler, or whatever else may be the best option to treat them.

My pores were temporarily minimized, but have mostly returned to normal (i.e. huge). The scars on my nose do look better overall, but maybe not to someone who has only given my skin cursory glances over the last few months. I can probably notice a difference because I tend to obsess over my skin.

So overall, I do notice a difference in the texture of my skin. I think one TCA peel has been the equivalent to 4 or 5 weekly series of 40% glycolic. I would prefer one to four or five peels because I have rosacea, so I want to minimize the aggravation afflicted to my skin.

So there has been little to no improvement in my icepick and boxcar scars, slight improvement to pores, most improvement to my rolling scars.

I'm going to have to wait until Spring break to peel again because of the downtime for TCA, but I hope that I will continue to see improvement. :)

Edited by Starlite

I bought on ebay and it worked fine. Check the reviews and Amazon sells too. I trust Amazon more because of their customer feedbacks on the products and sellers.