Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane Badger

How to heal post-pimple blemishes/brown-red spots?

So one of my biggest problems with my acne is that my skin seems very resistant, especially when it comes to visually reducing the intensity of my acne. In fact, I'd say less than a third of what appears to be my acne is actually acne. Most of it is just splotches and blemishes from pimples in the past, as it usually takes 3-6 months for a mark left behind from a pimple to actually disappear. Right now, I have 1 live pimple, 2-3 live zits, and an under-the-skin-who-knows-what-thing on my face, yet another 3 or 4 large dark brownish-red marks and about 6-7 other reddish marks from zits that died weeks ago. Is there any way to reduce/cover-up/remove these blemishes?

I included a pic of a mark on my chin below, but the lighting kinda sucked and it looks a lot less dark than it actually is. Also in the picture, it looks like there's a bump in the middle of it but I can assure you it's no longer an actual active zit/pimple. I've had this mark for over 2 months now.

post-139780-1288573220_thumb.jpg

Here's another one on the side of my mouth. There's two marks from two pimples that appeared next to each other pretty much at the same time.

post-139780-1288573651_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

post-139780-1288573220_thumb.jpg

post-139780-1288573651_thumb.jpg

I use Manuka honey as a facemask with cinnamon 3 times a week to fade my red marks and I've really noticed a difference. Like you, my red marks are pretty persistent and I've tried various other remedies including aloe vera gel (dried my skin up), vitamin e oil, bio oil (both of which my skin didn't like) and sudocrem, which I think I might have got carried away with and blocked my pores.

Honey is meant to be excellent for both red marks and active spots, so you'll be killing two birds with one stone. Manuka honey (although more expensive) is even more potent than regular honey and I noticed an improvement in my skin tone after only one use. Honey draws impurities out of your pores so expect to see some little blighters come to the surface at first - mine did - but after an initial break out my persistent whitehead/flesh like bumps that I haven't been able to get rid of are reducing.

I also suggest buying Manuka honey of UMF 15, as it's much more effective than the UMF 5 or 10 varieties.

There's some great threads/reviews on acne.org on Manuka honey so take a look and give it a go!

Oh and also, try a zinc supplement - it's anti inflammatory so helps acne, and increases the rate skin renews itself, so speeds up healing times and the time it takes for marks to fade.

Again, there's some great threads on here about zinc for further research.