Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beckman

Peeling like crazy after re-starting regimen?

I've been on the regimen for about a year and a half. Recently, however, I've decided to sort of re-start it, using all of Dan's products sold here, and following the regimen exactly.. previously, I didn't use a cleanser, wasn't exactly gentle, and never used a moisturizer at night.

I started this new-and-improved regimen about 2 weeks ago. After using the acne.org cleanser for 2 or 3 days, I noticed extreme dryness, so I dropped it. Haven't used it since. But the dryness persists, and it's pretty bad. I don't want to go out in public (though I do).. I feel like my face is shedding. I use a fair amount of moisturizer after letting the BP dry, with 3 drops of jojoba oil, and usually do another application 5-10 minutes after the first. And yet, my cheeks, jawbone area, and chin are extremely dry and flaky within 45 minutes, and feel really bad throughout the day.

What can I do about this? I know dryness is part of the regimen - I went through it when I first started. But it was never this bad. I purchased a bottle of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser today, which is supposed to be much more mild, and the bottle says it makes the skin retain moisture, so should i start using it now? Or what?

A lot of regimen users have had success with applying a thin layer of jojoba oil before BP.

Also doing an oil massage with jojoba oil, to dislodge flakes and moisturize.

you could give one of those a shot.

^ Highly recommend the Jojoba massage. After you are done with a lengthy (but gentle) massage, you can continue on with the oil cleanse method (OCM) or rinse off with a gentle water soluble cleanser. Your skin will likely feel loads better.