Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne sucks. It is an inconvenience, confidence destroyer, and sometimes painful. But going through (still going through) acne I've found it can also be benefit too.

I find myself EXTREAMLY healthy compared to others around me. I never go near a soda or junk food. I always get my veggies and fruit in. I exercised all through the summer (I've slacked since starting AP classes..:/) but still I don't sit around on my couch all day. I still maintain a pretty active life.

I find I don't judge others on apperience. I actually get to know people befor I establish opinions. I've been through that. ("You must not wash your face." "You must not eat right." ect.)

Anyone else get what I'm saying here? Just thought I would share. When I'm at the end of this acne battle I'll be a better person than what I would have been. :)

Hey there, i see what you're saying, but i still see no UP side to acne. Atall.

Like you said its a confidence destroyer, you can still be healthy without acne, as many people are, it's down to choice. just because people dont have acne doesnt mean they dont care about health.

Perhaps you've witnessed an up side, but when i had acne, i didnt see that.

Edited by Luka-Tattoo

I agree with the original poster. I have STRONG motivations to stay healthy, as my lifestyle choices will just show up on my face. Too bad that I have to be very controlling, but I think I am so much better off because of the way acne has helped to figure out various food sensitivities and deal with my stress.

Also, it hurt my self esteem to have acne, but to have a really loving partner that doesn't notice/care about my acne and thinks I'm beautiful anyway ("You just have a little rash and it will get better" is what he said) is worth more than I can imagine.

I agree with the original poster. I have STRONG motivations to stay healthy, as my lifestyle choices will just show up on my face. Too bad that I have to be very controlling, but I think I am so much better off because of the way acne has helped to figure out various food sensitivities and deal with my stress.

Also, it hurt my self esteem to have acne, but to have a really loving partner that doesn't notice/care about my acne and thinks I'm beautiful anyway ("You just have a little rash and it will get better" is what he said) is worth more than I can imagine.

Yes, that's another thing. You meet people who truely only care for you, not your looks. My boyfriend is so sweet, and I love how he makes me feel beautiful when I'm around him. We just have such a good time I forget all about my acne sometimes.

My friends as well. You find out who really cares about your peronality rather than your looks.

While I had acne I was so cautious about what I ate. No sugar. No greasy, fatty foods. Drank nothing but water. Exercised daily. Now that I'm clear, all that has gone out the window. What I eat doesn't really effect my skin anymore, so I've started eating crap. It's really bad, haha. But you're right. Acne is a huge motivation to eat healthy and remain active. I can't say I miss it, but it does have it's benefits.

Acne sucks. It is an inconvenience, confidence destroyer, and sometimes painful. But going through (still going through) acne I've found it can also be benefit too.

I find myself EXTREAMLY healthy compared to others around me. I never go near a soda or junk food. I always get my veggies and fruit in. I exercised all through the summer (I've slacked since starting AP classes..:/) but still I don't sit around on my couch all day. I still maintain a pretty active life.

I find I don't judge others on apperience. I actually get to know people befor I establish opinions. I've been through that. ("You must not wash your face." "You must not eat right." ect.)

Anyone else get what I'm saying here? Just thought I would share. When I'm at the end of this acne battle I'll be a better person than what I would have been. :)

Are you avoiding stress also? BTW food shouldn't affect acne.

Uh... yes. Food can affect acne, actually.

the best thing about acne like ANY insecurity is if you keep at it and dont give up when goal is finally achieved you can give yourself a nice pat on the back and say you know what. i did it. im not a quitter.

a quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Food can affect your acne. Like if you have an allergy to a certain type of food, you'll break out. Sometimes people don't even know they are allergic to some food until they cut it out of their diet for awhile, then they can see some improvement.

Some people are sensitive to refined and concentrated sugars. Larry Thiele has a good website about his experience and research into how sugar affects acne in many people. Ten years ago, I followed his free plan that he gives out on his website and my acne improved like 75%.

Oh and the only upside I ever saw to acne was learning who your friends really are.

Some people are sensitive to refined and concentrated sugars. Larry Thiele has a good website about his experience and research into how sugar affects acne in many people. Ten years ago, I followed his free plan that he gives out on his website and my acne improved like 75%.

Oh and the only upside I ever saw to acne was learning who your friends really are.

Acne has no benefits. Absolutely none.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

what a bunch of BS!!! :blink::bs:

there is 0 no even -10000000000000000~ benefits of acne.

anybody who finds something good about acne and this deep in asshole experience is just automatically put in my hate list together with acne, becoz thats just riddiiiiculous! :huh:

My derm said it doesn't affect acne. So stress affects ance?

Food definitely affects acne. Dermatologists say it doesn't, but they can't explain why you get acne. I've had bloodwork done on my hormones and they are perfectly normal. My acne is caused by stress and digestion issues.

(It's not just oily skin, as my oily areas- t zone, do not break out. Maybe a little clogged pore here and there, but the cheeks/jawline/below the chin areas get actual acne pimples. Fun!)

Sorry, but none of this is true for those of us who reside in reality.

Acne destroys and ruins lives. Acne is more mischievous than satan. Acne never holds back. Acne scars for life.

You can be optimistic/oblivious if that's what gets you through the day, but I personally hate being a 21 y/o virgin, whose never had a girlfriend, who has trouble socializing and keeping friends, and who always feels like shit when around other people.

I watch what I eat. I quit drinking fizzy drinks, (few years now). I carry a water bottle with me whenever I remember. People have guessed me to be younger although I've tried to look older by keeping some facial hair. One lady was really surprised/shocked she thought I was younger than my brother who I'm older than I think its down to genes but also diet and having acne(sebum) must help the skin. I don't use any topical's. I do act shy/weird around others when I'm out, I don't think there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by RQ77

having acne made me a more humble person and look at people differently.

I agree. I don't care one bit about other peoples acne because i know mine is just as bad or worse. There is people out there that won't talk to people who they think are ugly or have bad skin, it a shame.

Theres a really cute girl in my class with bad acne, i want to get to know her but my acne still makes me shy away.