Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tblaze04

Moisturizer to reduce redness

Which moisturizer do you use to get rid of redness?

Im using cetaphil right now but its not doing anything for redness just moisturizing, plus i cant even use it during the day it feels and looks to oily/shiny.

There are lots of redness relief moisturizers. There are some good suggestions in the pinned Accutane posts section, if I remember correctly. I believe Aveene Redness Relief was recommended by several.

Sunscreen is important, too, if you're experiencing redness. Wear at least SPF 30.

I re-read your PM and you just started Accutane.

I'd suggest switching to Cetaphil Sensitive skin antibacterial bar as it is really gentle and hydrating; far better than purpose. Purpose was drying for me; left my skin taut and shiny. Cetaphil just leaves it clean and hydrated-feeling.

Ok thanks, Im gonna try Aveene Redness Relief i geuss, if anyone wants to recommend anything else let me know.

I re-read your PM and you just started Accutane.

I'd suggest switching to Cetaphil Sensitive skin antibacterial bar as it is really gentle and hydrating; far better than purpose. Purpose was drying for me; left my skin taut and shiny. Cetaphil just leaves it clean and hydrated-feeling.

Yea im gonna start using cerave, im using cetaphil moisturizer now and its looks to oily and shiny on my skin. I dont think cerave helps redness though.

thanks

Ceravee makes my face look more even about an hour after putting a light coat on.

Yeah I tried Cetaphile and other creams with a similar texture and they just break me out or make me look more oily, and the moisturizer I am using now does tame redness a little bit. Least for me.

Which moisturizer lol...

Yeah I tried Cetaphile and other creams with a similar texture and they just break me out or make me look more oily, and the moisturizer I am using now does tame redness a little bit. Least for me.