Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobygirl

Spironalactone

I've been on Spiro for 4 months along with Bactrim for 2. My skin is clear for the first time in my entire adult life (I'm 45). I plan to end the Bactrim after this month. My periods have become highly irregular and I'm nauseated almost all of the time. But my skin looks great. Does the nausea go away? Will my periods normalize? My dermatologist doesn't seem concerned and it's difficult to get real information from him... but easy to get the prescription.

Anyone else having these side effects?

I've been on Spiro for 4 months along with Bactrim for 2. My skin is clear for the first time in my entire adult life (I'm 45). I plan to end the Bactrim after this month. My periods have become highly irregular and I'm nauseated almost all of the time. But my skin looks great. Does the nausea go away? Will my periods normalize? My dermatologist doesn't seem concerned and it's difficult to get real information from him... but easy to get the prescription.

Anyone else having these side effects?

Well I have only been on spiro for almost 2 months, but I did experience a loss of appetite and I have actually went down 2 sizes. I did not want to eat anything or the first 2 or 3 weeks. I am slowly gaining back my appetite, but it seems like it will stay this way.

I am pleased with the progress I am having with spiro, but at the same time I don't want to be on it for a long period of time. I have heard of women staying on this for 10+ years simply bc coming off of them can really cause awful outbreaks, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out. Of course the dermatologist never wants to discuss that part of it! LOL