Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kamran

6 months on the regimen

the regimen learly not working for me anymore.

ive got a cyst on my right cheek and lots of hard red looking pimples on my left cheek.

im just getting another breakout again!!!!

why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is reall getting to me. dont get me wrong the regimen did work for some time but ive alwyas never been properly clear. ive never minded the odd breakout. but it seems im back to square one. derm is out of hte question ive been ther many times and simpy cant wait another 6weeks for an appointment.!!

any options?

what an i do im feeling really ugly and self onscious right now!

please help me someone :cry:

nothings woked as good as bop before. ive been on retin a, defferin , duac antibiotics used tea tree. murad, emu oil, just leaving my face alone, dermatolgica, mario badescu.

whats left?

the derm wont prescribe me accutane he says its not worth the side affetcs also i dont want to go on it myself because of depression. anyways what can i do to my face its going to moderate acne again!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well, I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. Have you tried salicylic acid products? I just got something today that seems like it's very gentle, for sensitive skin, and contains salicylic acid which is another common anti-acne ingredient along with BP. I have no realm of experience yet to back it up, but if you haven't tried something with salicylic acid before, it may be worth a thought.

http://www.aveeno.com/facialcare/clear-com...-cleansing-pads

I`m also having the same problem. I have been on BP for a year with decent results but it never got my 100% clear. I had a very nasty breakout since September (in areas I NEVER get acne or have gotten acne in the past) and its been a downward spiral for me since then. I have to stop the regimen because its too expensive to be importing those things to Japan where I live. I finally caved in two weeks ago and went to a derm here in Tokyo to get some sort of evaluation. I was prescribed Gelderma Gel (an american product you can get prescribed by a doctor, it basically a clear antibiotic gel much like BP but not as drying and you dont need to put so much on) and a butt load of vitamins and an oral antibiotic. It has worked well, I have been on it for two weeks and have had better results with it than 1 year on the regimen. For me personally I know the acne is due to my poor health and stress, I have a low white blood cell count and I don`t eat very much so the vitamins are key for me. If you really cant see a doctor then I would suggest getting a complex vitamin supplement, especially vitamin A,B,C and E for skin healing. I take these vitamins 2x a day, i know the recommended dosage is one per day per pill but everyones body is different and I was advised to take it twice a day.

Hope that helps you out some.

Edited by Koga26

What about topical urine therapy? Haven't tried it myself, but if I was running out of options I sure wouldn't hesitate.

Guest Timehealsall
What about topical urine therapy? Haven't tried it myself, but if I was running out of options I sure wouldn't hesitate.

lmfao..

I think that was a bit uncalled for timehealsall. People get very upset when they start breaking out and sometimes consider things that others wouldn't. I don't think starting a suggestion with 'what about..?' actually implies arrogance.

Continue the Regimen until you can get and go to a scheduled Derm. appointment. If you answer GodAwfulFace's post, you may get more help.