Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreaseFace

My skin can be a real pain in the ass. Please help me I don't know what to do

My skin is really really oily and slightly dry underneath that oil. My skin is also the most sensitive and delicate too and I'm a guy. I don't have severe acne, but I get postules and papules that are on my chin and neck and theres some pimples on my forhead and cheek bones. This is probably from football cause I breakout in these areas during season. My skin scars very easily from these pmples so I refuse to pop them most of the time when they're the inflamed white heads. My family has never had to deal with acne and my mom said she never had acne in high school and my dad has never said anything, but he has literally no scarring or evidence to show that he had acne. I really try to eat healthy and I get a great amount of vitamins and vegetables in my diet. I also drink A LOT of water and never drink soda. Here's some of the products I use though and a little background on them.

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Its the best wach I've used so far cause my skin is clean and less irratated, although there is still a little bit of drying.

Moisturizer: Jojoba oil. Everyones been talking about this miracle moisturizer and stuff and I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for 3 weeks now. The first week it really broke me out bad, but I still continued to use it and it continued to break me out until late in the 2nd week of using it. My skin is still breaking out from it, but not as bad as before and my skin is healing fast from it. My skin is still oily after using it and it feels dirty, but at least its natural and not damaging my skin. My skin still seems to have those dry cracks underneath the oil though. And what I've also found is that this stuff brings the white heads to the surface, but in two days they dry up and scab.

How I use both: I wash my face probably 2-3 times a day. In the morning I wash my face and apply the jojoba then I come home after practice and I do the same thing again except I shave almost every day in between washing my face and putting jojoba on.

I use very little products because I've found the more chemicals I use the more my skin is irratated and broken out. I used to use BP, but that irratated my skin and I didn't feel good putting more chemicals on my face. My mom won't take me to a dermatologist and they're probably just going to get me to put more chemicals on my face and take medications with side effects I know will hurt my skin. I just need to know what you think I'm doing wrong and what I should do more of?

Hey there, is it possible to send/upload some pictures, so i know what condition you have? I too have sensitive skin, i have managed to get my break outs under-control after 5 years of struggle, Let me know, If in doubt see your DT or doctor.

Will be happy to help you.

Luka

+ Just re-read your post, Ok, that jo-joba oil, stop using it.

Gently wash your face with cool water (cool water means the bacteria causing break outs cant multiply)

perhaps take an aspirin every night before you got to bed, it helps clear the blood circulating your body.

I found this to help in the early stages.

If your face is dry, only wash your face once a day, you may be aggrivating your skin by over cleaning it, skin needs time to heal, and washing it is removing the the goodness and drying it out.

Edited by Luka-Tattoo

What your doing sounds great. If your skin is still cracked though why not try using a moisturizer plus the jojoba oil. You can mix a few drops in with a couple pimps of moisturizer and use it all over your face.

Hey there, is it possible to send/upload some pictures, so i know what condition you have? I too have sensitive skin, i have managed to get my break outs under-control after 5 years of struggle, Let me know, If in doubt see your DT or doctor.

Will be happy to help you.

Luka

+ Just re-read your post, Ok, that jo-joba oil, stop using it.

Gently wash your face with cool water (cool water means the bacteria causing break outs cant multiply)

perhaps take an aspirin every night before you got to bed, it helps clear the blood circulating your body.

I found this to help in the early stages.

If your face is dry, only wash your face once a day, you may be aggrivating your skin by over cleaning it, skin needs time to heal, and washing it is removing the the goodness and drying it out.

Yeah well I've got practice later and I definetly don't want to go to bed or spend the day with the sweat and oil mixed together cause it feels and looks disgusting and it breaks me out. So its like I have to wash my face at least twice in one day. And the jojoba... I'm afraid if I use anything else it'll break me out and there isn't any other natural moisturizers that have less side effects. And the pictures I'll see if I can find some to put up. Although I don't want anyone I know to know that I use this site cause its personal.

What your doing sounds great. If your skin is still cracked though why not try using a moisturizer plus the jojoba oil. You can mix a few drops in with a couple pimps of moisturizer and use it all over your face.

Do you know of any really light moisturizers I could use without as much chemicals in them. If I use super hydrating lotion too my face becomes super oily and I breakout

Ye i understand how you feel its stressful and very upsettting, its just hard to help someone, when i cant see the condition, as i dont want to tell you to do something that may make it worse. Is your skin condition red and inflammed? is it sore when you touch it, and does your daily wash regime hurt atall? You mentioned your mum not taking you to a DT, but did you know there are private clinics on the internet, who can assess your acne and give you professional advice, so you dont need to see one in person.

Try not to worry, get back to me when you can.

Good luck.

From my experience over loading your face with too much moisture is just as bad as drying it out, basically, you need to dry the spots out. so they clear up, then build up your healthy moisture in your skin again when its recovering.

Luka

From my experience over loading your face with too much moisture is just as bad as drying it out, basically, you need to dry the spots out. so they clear up, then build up your healthy moisture in your skin again when its recovering.

Luka

That makes sense and my face is not red or inflamed although if I use harsh washes or BP or toners my face is white and patchy and dry and waaaaaaaaay more dressier cause all the chemicals mix with oil and my face is just a huge mess. I made the mistake of using this 3 step regimen from rodan and fields, the people that make proactive, and it caused to get the worst breakout in my life. I still have little scars from it. But it really worked before for me and it was gentle then they changed the formula and put way more stuff and BP in it and my face was bad. I finally stopped using the system and my face cleared up greatly. But for several months I had big red embarrassing scars on my right cheek which now are very tiny ice pick scars.

I have been trying Suave conditioner, (no joke, the hair kind) as a moisteruizer on my face and it has gotten a lot softer! I'm still trying it out though so I can't promise it'll work but you might want to give it a try.

After washing my face I just dab it on like regular lotion and let it air dry.

My skin reacted in a similar way to the jojoba oil... it just made my face greasy while my skin underneath was dry... plus I was breaking out more from using it. My suggestion would be to stop using it or just put a few drops into a moisturizer. I've heard a lot of good reviews on the CeraVe moisturizing lotion (I use the cream)... every other moisturizer I used before (including cetaphil) was extremely irritating and left dry patches on my skin, but this stuff worked wonders. I think it's worth a try. It's non-comedogenic and really mild stuff so you should try it out.

Edited by fourfivesix