Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe peeps

Whats the best thing short of accutane for body acne?

I am 27 now and I still have body acne on my chest, back, and legs. It seems like in the past year it has improved. I have had the worst acne out of my family but it does seem that of them had acne up until about 28-29 years of age so I am hoping that mine will go away within the next few years. I have gotten rid of dairy and sugar, I am not sure if that had anything to do with the improvements. I want to improve more it or rid myself of it entirely but I am scared of taking accutane again (took it when I was 17 and it wiped out the really really bad stuff but I had horrible side effects) so I want to treat it with other stuff. So pretty much my question is what is the best thing I should do to control my body acne short of accutane?

i'd say hit up accutane because it seems that cutting foods and stuff isn't doing it for you. so i say, go back to what you love while doing accutane, and get clear.

everythings good except the price.

Chemical peel is the way to go. I used the Dan Kern method (BP + AHA lotion) for 7 months w/o any improvement on my back/shoulders. Then tried this...

www.skinlaboratory.com/salicylic-acid-20

and all active acne (50+) is gone within a month. This acid works really well to get the deep stuff too.

I think I was hesitant about trying a chem peel because it seemed complicated at first, but its totally easier than all that BP gunk, and 98% more effective, for me anyways.

Chem peels are like acne napalm. After a month of this, all other topical treatment seems silly and pointless. Again, for me anyways.

PS - Wtf, cant make this link work correctly.

Edited by TurnForTheBest

i heard that accutane contains derivatives of vitamin A and carrots have loads of vitamin A in them.

so, i was wondering that if just eating carrots themselves will be a good replacement to accutane.

i'm trying to cure my body acne.

Edited by gavinol

i heard that accutane contains derivatives of vitamin A and carrots have loads of vitamin A in them.

so, i was wondering that if just eating carrots themselves will be a good replacement to accutane.

i'm trying to cure my body acne.

Eating more carrots is not a bad idea for overall health, but it is not going to be the same or close to the same as taking accutane. People on here have tried mega dosing on vitamin A with supplements too which is a really not smart. Its not a bad idea to supplement some things if your diet and lifestyle are not providing you with proper nutrition, but don't expect a miracle or a 'cure'.

I have had the best luck recently with chemical peels. SkinLaboratory (Google it) makes a great Salicylic Acid peel that is not too harsh. I would start there if I were you.