Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A couple of years ago I was prescribed Zineryt since I kept getting horrendous cysts around the chin area. It worked beautifully for me and really cleared my skin up. I went to the doctor the other day since I was due a review of the treatment and she advised that I should really be taking a break from the Zineryt since it's an antibiotic and you should only really use it for about 6 months at a time.

So I haven't used Zineryt for the last week and now I have a huge, inflamed cyst on my chin which is really painful and I feel close to tears since I'm not allowed another prescription of the one thing which has actually worked for me out of the all the things I've tried over the past 10 years. Grrr. I just don't know where to go from here. :rolleyes: I'm not sure there's much point to this post, I just really needed to get this off my chest with people who probably understand what it's like! I'm trying out Freederm for the first time since it's the only acne cream I could actually find on the supermarket shelf. I'm very nearly 23, do we ever grow out of crappy skin?

Edited by aaargh_skin

Hey, I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm 23 and I've delt with acne for years and I have tried many many things. There are so many different factors involved in why we have breakouts. For one, I think I have a lot of stress. I've noticed my whole body feels better when I exercise and my face looks better too. Also drinking a lot of water has helped and eliminating soda. Both of those things help with eliminating toxins from the body which can cause breakouts, and exercise reduces stress which can also cause acne. Don't give up. wherever there is acne there is a cause.

Hey, I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm 23 and I've delt with acne for years and I have tried many many things. There are so many different factors involved in why we have breakouts. For one, I think I have a lot of stress. I've noticed my whole body feels better when I exercise and my face looks better too. Also drinking a lot of water has helped and eliminating soda. Both of those things help with eliminating toxins from the body which can cause breakouts, and exercise reduces stress which can also cause acne. Don't give up. wherever there is acne there is a cause.

Thank you for that. It's just so annoying because I've always drunk water and got plenty of exercise and I've still always had crappier skin than everyone else I know. I'm just going to keep nagging my doctor until they take me seriously I think because it's getting on my nerves something chronic.