Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ahya

Moisturizer for OILY SKIN?

ok so which one is better for OILY SKIN, uh,,,,, OLAY classic? or OLAY complete?

i have OLAY complete and i just wanna ask if you will suggest the CLASSIC so yeah, which one?

IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN AND KNOWS A PRODUCT THAT'S GOOD FOR OILY SKIN PLS TELL ME THE PRODUCT PLS! TY

come on, no1 used any of these?

CAN you guys just tell me what your using and if you have oily skin or normal

it's better to just use a moisturizer for regular skin, like cetaphil lotion or cream, but you can use olay if you want, i've personally never tried it, so i can't really help with that.

it's better to just use a moisturizer for regular skin, like cetaphil lotion or cream, but you can use olay if you want, i've personally never tried it, so i can't really help with that.

do you have OILY skin? does normal moisturizer work?

do you have OILY skin? does normal moisturizer work?

Yes normal moisturizer works, No, i don't recall ever having oily skin.

its a tad bit oily on the corners of my nose, but otherwise i never noticed before the regimen, now its all dry as shit or normal.

Any non-comedogenic, non-medicated moisturizer that's gentle is good for the regimen, oily OR dry skin.

Dr. Hauschka's balancing day oil would be an excellent thing to try.

That's medicated with salicylic acid and way overpriced, too.

ok so which one is better for OILY SKIN, uh,,,,, OLAY classic? or OLAY complete?

i have OLAY complete and i just wanna ask if you will suggest the CLASSIC so yeah, which one?

IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN AND KNOWS A PRODUCT THAT'S GOOD FOR OILY SKIN PLS TELL ME THE PRODUCT PLS! TY

Try jojoba based products - jojoba works for oily AND dry skin and it leaves you alone where you don't need it. Dessert Essence is a pure jojoba or you can try Skin & Bones - it clears acne...

Well it worked for me. She can choose not to take my advice.

Well it worked for me. She can choose not to take my advice.

You weren't on the Regimen. ;)

Try jojoba based products - jojoba works for oily AND dry skin and it leaves you alone where you don't need it. Dessert Essence is a pure jojoba or you can try Skin & Bones - it clears acne...

"Dessert Essence is a pure jojoba or you can try Skin & Bones - it clears acne..." umm where can i buy these two? just in local stores?

why? whats wrong with salicylic? doesnt salicylic help prevent acne? :o

If you are using Dan's Regime, I would recommend using his moisturizer. While I would consider myself to have oily skin, I have found that his new moisturizer helps to control shine and is strong enough to combat the areas of flakiness I get from the benzoyl peroxide.

Also, if you experience too much shine, I would recommend using oil-blotting sheets. I know this may sound a little odd, but I actually use a product called kimwipes. They are commonly used in laboratories to clean microscopes and glassware (which is how I know about them) but do a wonderful job of blotting excess oil. They can be purchased through amazon.

Good luck finding a moisturizer that works for your particular skin type - I know how hard it can be!

***quick little edit. Since winter has set in Dan's moisturizer has absolutely not been cutting it for me. The more I used the more irritated my skin seemed to become - I think I'm of those lucky few for whom jojoba oil just doesn't work. Anyways, I switched to CeraVe PM and so far have really been liking it though it's only been 2 weeks so it might be too early to tell.

Edited by leonasa

why? whats wrong with salicylic? doesnt salicylic help prevent acne? :o

You are on the regimen, right?

http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html Read that. :)

Adding in other products or steps: It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in one variable at a time and see how your skin will react.

GOTCHA. ok

Edited by ahya

From the biggest mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in one variable at a time and see how your skin will react.

If you are using Dan's Regime, I would recommend using his moisturizer. While I would consider myself to have oily skin, I have found that his new moisturizer helps to control shine and is strong enough to combat the areas of flakiness I get from the benzoyl peroxide.

Also, if you experience too much shine, I would recommend using oil-blotting sheets. I know this may sound a little odd, but I actually use a product called kimwipes. They are commonly used in laboratories to clean microscopes and glassware (which is how I know about them) but do a wonderful job of blotting excess oil. They can be purchased through amazon.

Good luck finding a moisturizer that works for your particular skin type - I know how hard it can be!

hm,, since my proactiv BP is almost out ill try Dan's maybe then also his moisturizer, i hope its not too pricey, xo

btw proactiv BP doesnt really help you with all your acne >.> and i cant use any else untill i finish this one bottle i have, cuz of my mom >.>

Edited by ahya