Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

-

Cutting sugars and refined carbs and avoiding high GI/GL meals is anti-aging in many ways. That's why I'm always saying I follow my diet for reasons far more important than acne. But that doesn't mean cutting carbs as the title implied. Eat your vegetables.

Elevated blood sugar damages the elasticity in your cells. And the inflammation it causes is also damaging and is a big factor in all kinds of disease. Elevated insulin screws up hormones. And there's plenty more ways. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2576900

I do wish they'd written this paragraph clearer:

'It turned down the gene that controls insulin, which in turn switched on another gene, which acted like an elixir of life.'

Does controlling insulin trigger the other gene? Or does the gene that gets turned down trigger the other gene? Because there are plenty of ways to improve your insulin levels and the article does go on to mention them several paragraphs down.

Edited by alternativista

its extremes with everything. you're either zero carb, completely eliminating this or that, or shoving pizza and ice cream down youre throat every meal apparently.

I find it very hard to believe if someone were eating 4 or 5 times a day and most of those contained 30g-40 of carbs a meal in a sandwich (god forbid) they'd break out in horrible cystic acne. if you are doing that you're well ahead of the game in health and aging.