Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneHundredReasons

How drying is Dan's BP compared to others?

Hi again, yet another question!

I've ordered Dan's BP, but haven't received it yet, so in the meantime, to prepare myself, for those of you who have used other BP such as Neutrogena On the spot, Panoxyl, or Benzac, for example, how drying do you find Dan's compared to those you've used before? And also, is it more effective?

Thanks in advance!

Generally speaking Dan's BP is not too drying compared to other brands. Although I only been using Dan's BP for less than a week now, i do find it less drying and irriating than other products mainly because Dan's BP is only 2.5%. I must say that this BP is different than others because it is a gel that goes on smoothly without leaving any residue behind and it does its job. I do find it to be pretty effective as well in clearing up acne. Depending on your skin type it could take a day, a week, or a month to clear it up, but it is pretty effective. For me I started to notice a difference in just 3 days so I find it to be pretty effective than other BP's out there. I hope this helps :)

Edited by ticalv123

Generally speaking Dan's BP is not too drying compared to other brands. Although I only been using Dan's BP for less than a week now, i do find it less drying and irriating than other products mainly because Dan's BP is only 2.5%. I must say that this BP is different than others because it is a gel that goes on smoothly without leaving any residue behind and it does its job. I do find it to be pretty effective as well in clearing up acne. Depending on your skin type it could take a day, a week, or a month to clear it up, but it is pretty effective. For me I started to notice a difference in just 3 days so I find it to be pretty effective than other BP's out there. I hope this helps :)

A thank you for your reply! That's awesome to hear =) I'm looking forward to getting it... My acne is mild, but very stubborn, so I hope it helps lots!

IT.FUCKS.UP.YOUR.SKIN.

Simple as that. My skin was fine when I fist started it, but then my skin would get really good and clear and then it went downhill. My face looks like shit now. God daaaammmn. So annoying. Screw Dan.

IT.FUCKS.UP.YOUR.SKIN.

Simple as that. My skin was fine when I fist started it, but then my skin would get really good and clear and then it went downhill. My face looks like shit now. God daaaammmn. So annoying. Screw Dan.

Lol. The poster above is quite frankly a moron. Worst post I've ever seen on here.

I've used many different kinds of over the counter BP, as well as several prescription BPs. Dan's is the best. As long as you use moisturizer afterward, and ease into your BP treatment, you'll be fine.

IT.FUCKS.UP.YOUR.SKIN.

Lol. The poster above is quite frankly a moron. Worst post I've ever seen on here.

I've used many different kinds of over the counter BP, as well as several prescription BPs. Dan's is the best. As long as you use moisturizer afterward, and ease into your BP treatment, you'll be fine.

How am I a moron for stating my experience with the BP? And, for voicing my opinion?

Making an inarticulate statement like "my face looks shit, screw dan" makes it clear that you're just another bitter person who probably tried this stuff for like a week, didn't use it as Dan instructed, and now have come on here to complain about it. If you want to constructively share your experience, why don't you go ahead and tell us exactly what you did and how it worked or didn't work for you?

Making an inarticulate statement like "my face looks shit, screw dan" makes it clear that you're just another bitter person who probably tried this stuff for like a week, didn't use it as Dan instructed, and now have come on here to complain about it. If you want to constructively share your experience, why don't you go ahead and tell us exactly what you did and how it worked or didn't work for you?

I have been using the BP since March of this year. It started off great and I used it as directed. I read all of the directions and my face cleared within 2 weeks. Then I started using the AHA and it would make me itch and I would get little open wounds from itching my face so much. And then, last month my face just started to get really dry and flaky. I do not know what went wrong. I have been moisturizing like Dan says. I am weaning myself off of the BP now. I am only using it once a day, then move to using it every other day, then to not using it at all. You happy now?? So, I didn't just "try this stuff for like a week and not use it as instructed." I have been using the regimen for 8 months. It works, but the BP is also just too drying for my skin. I can't keep beating my skin up. I look gross. My face is always flaky, it has wrinkles(the kind you get from using BP ).

There.

Does that help?

I've used a few different brands (mainly Benzac AC as it's the easiest one to find here), and I really like Dan's in comparison. It's very smooth. They're all drying, really, but I've found Benzac in particular can be irritating because it has what I think are supposed to be moisturizing beads, but they seem kind of superfluous to me.

I'd only use Dan's BP but I live in Australia and it's too expensive to keep having it shipped here, so it's cheaper just to buy Benzac for me.

Guest Timehealsall

I have been using the BP since March of this year. It started off great and I used it as directed. I read all of the directions and my face cleared within 2 weeks. Then I started using the AHA and it would make me itch and I would get little open wounds from itching my face so much. And then, last month my face just started to get really dry and flaky. I do not know what went wrong. I have been moisturizing like Dan says. I am weaning myself off of the BP now. I am only using it once a day, then move to using it every other day, then to not using it at all. You happy now?? So, I didn't just "try this stuff for like a week and not use it as instructed." I have been using the regimen for 8 months. It works, but the BP is also just too drying for my skin. I can't keep beating my skin up. I look gross. My face is always flaky, it has wrinkles(the kind you get from using BP ).

There.

Does that help?

i agree with you man. The regimen (or dans BP) fucks up your face. I can attest to this because i have been on the regimen for about 5 months.

Maybe i should try switching BPS and using A LOT LESS? fuck man i dont know.

it's the best i've tried, though it doesn't dry as quickly as neutrogena

There.

Does that help?

If like me, your skin 'suddenly' got dry around mid-October due to Winter approaching. Happens to most people here, check out the many 'what moisturizer to use' threads. It sucks, but... better than acne (most of the time!).

ive only tried Panoxyl 2.5 gel. Panoxyl 5% cream and neutragena on the spot treatment

So far Dans is far better and barely dries compared to the rest of them.

Guest Timehealsall
ive only tried Panoxyl 2.5 gel. Panoxyl 5% cream and neutragena on the spot treatment

for me, all of the them are really drying to the skin.

for me, all of the them are really drying to the skin.

Which is kind of the point of BP in the first place.

I have a tube of Clearasil 10% Acne Treatment that I brought with me while away from home. It's small, and I didn't have Dan's travel sized BP.

While the Clearasil is keeping me clear so far (it's been 6 days so far), it is SO SO drying. Dan's BP has a gel consistency and is easy to rub into the skin. The Clearasil kind of has a clay-mask consistency to it. I used some heavy duty moisturizers, especially at night, and I still wake up with dry (but still clear) skin.

I'm definitely going to purchase Dan's travel sized BP once the Clearasil is done.