Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

how long do cysts usually last and do they always hurt?

Guest Timehealsall

i have these weird bumps on my forehead (about 2) but im not sure if they are cysts are just papules forming. they do not hurt but you can feel them when touching them. Also how long do cysts normally last

i have these weird bumps on my forehead (about 2) but im not sure if they are cysts are just papules forming. they do not hurt but you can feel them when touching them. Also how long do cysts normally last

Can you believe that I heard of a cyst lasting for a whole flippin year! Now that is scary. Anyway, I have a cyst on my chin that has been there for almost a month now! It is definitely smaller than when it started, but it is still there. I want to try and get a cortisone shot to keep it from coming back, ut I hard that it scars, and I don't need anymore of that! Have you had cortisone shots for cysts?

Mine last for a couple months usually. Sometimes a little longer. They hurt and burn. You can feel the heat coming off them a couple inches away. I've never had a cortisone shot.

Edit: I call them cysts when they're at least the size of shooter marbles.

Edited by Addie

mine used to last for a few weeks .. maybe up to 6 weeks. I used to pop them when they were ripe though. So basicalluy like 2 to 6 weeks til i popped em. The red marks take a lot longer however.

sorry .. cant provide any input on cortisone injections. I almost got once but i was WAYYY to embarrrassed to leave my house at that point ...which is foolish for the obvious reason that i would be going to remedy the acne that had me so intorverted in the first place lol. I say go for it .. Im pretty sure it is rare that you would get a scar because of the steroid shot .. especially if it is really bothering you. If it has a big nasty whitehed on it .. pop the shit out of it (but be gentle lol). it will become a red mark and scab over, then heal back to normal (hopefully). i have had like 2 cysts that i popped leave a scar .. for the most part picking my face had nothing to do with scarring .. so iguess theres another suggestion/thought. Sometimes the derm will drain them for you as well - which is basically the same as popping except they use a needle. acne sucks lol