Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delilah87

PH Balanced cleansers and products.

Question about "PH Balanced" cleansers.

What does PH Balance mean in terms of products?

I know the face's PH is naturally suppose to be 5.5, so does that mean products are "balanced" to the skin's PH, or is it 7 PH/neutral?

What does it mean when a product says "PH Balanced?"

I'm asking, because recently, I got a bad reaction to some products I purchased, or I believe I did. I used a PH balanced cleanser, by Dr. Organics, and then a used a Glycolic Acid Cleanser 10%, about a week ago. I never got the intense itchiness, burning, and dry patches around my mouth before, so I'm thinking it may be a combo of those two things as I have not added anything new into my regime and diet.

I think it means 5.5 but I may be wrong. Sometimes the products have the actual pH number on the back. You could always use those pH testing strips. :)

I think it means 5.5 but I may be wrong. Sometimes the products have the actual pH number on the back. You could always use those pH testing strips. :)

I know this, what I'm asking is: If a product is PH 5.5, does that mean it's better for the skin since it's at the skin's original PH, or should it be 7 which is actually neutral and not acidic nor base.

I know this, what I'm asking is: If a product is PH 5.5, does that mean it's better for the skin since it's at the skin's original PH, or should it be 7 which is actually neutral and not acidic nor base.

In my opinion 5.5 is better for the skin as an acidic environment prevents the growth of bacteria. :) I don't think a pH of 7 would harm your skin, whereas an alkaline pH might.

In my opinion 5.5 is better for the skin as an acidic environment prevents the growth of bacteria. :) I don't think a pH of 7 would harm your skin, whereas an alkaline pH might.

Thanks for your input. Anyone else care to comment on this? :whistle:

If this has been discussed somewhere else on the forums, can someone redirect me to the thread? I would appreciate it.

PH balanced is between 4-6; 7 is neutral being water; i know dermalogica products are all ph balanced because im in esthetic school(facials, etc) and the rep just came this week and she told us that and tested all of them just to show us with ph strips pretty cool ;)