Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mwd

Drinking on my final month of accutane please god

I have gone 4 months, with probably less than 10 total drinks throughout the whole time. Now I have fewer than 20 days left, and my question is, can I get drunk every weekend about 1 a week for the next 3 weeks? The doctor even said I could have a beer at my last appointment(well not AT the appointment lol), she said if i got drunk I would have a bad hangover, but she didnt mention permanent liver damage, which I dont want. All of my liver tests were fine so far.

So can I get pretty drunk or what? I have waited a very long time, and if i could start drinking again the next month would go by faster.

And when I have drank previously, the alcohol didn't make me feel any different than it normally did, and I didn't feel any hangover the following day.

Edited by mwd

haha man i know exactly how you feel! .. ive just started my 4th month on tane, and i think ive had a total of about 3 drinks since i started it. watching my mates drinking and having fun every week is killing me haha i cant wait to be off it.

In my opinion, im just going to wait it out though.. we've gone this far, whats another month or so .. your livers already working overtime breaking down the accutane, why when you've come this far would you want to put that extra pressure on it.

You'll be sweet for christmas/new years comming up anyway, thats what im really holding out for .. its really not that long anyway

So yeah, my vote goes to wait it out til the end of your course, you dont have long dude hang in there

Edited by pleasehelp123

why do you Need to drink to have fun??

thats sad.

i hope things change for you my friend.

Nobody 'needs' to drink to have fun. Its a life choice and the man just wants to know if he can have a few drinks, probably with his mates next time they head out.

Next time a more constructive comment which actually gives a positive contribution to the topic might be more appropriate, instead of your stubborn opinion and refferring to him as 'sad'.

Edited by pleasehelp123

Yea no kidding. I just want to be free from any restrictions. Thanks for your harsh words dumb djh. Go to a far right wing, Christian forum. Then you can banter with more judgemental people like yourself

And dont call me your friend, Im not your fucking friend.

Edited by mwd

Hey dude how many more days do you have left on accutane? I get done Nov. 9 or 10th. We should count down for each other to make it go by even faster! Im itching to be done. Then when i am done I am going to make some terribly obscene post and get kicked off of the accutane message boards once and for all! I already got my official warning on this thread anyway.

To be honest, the "no alcohol" rule is purely a precaution. In the majority (I'll say the majority, as there is always the very occasional exception), alcohol is not going to cause you any harm while on Accutane.

My derm informed me I was okay to have 1 unit per day, and I've gotta admit there were a few instances where I had well over that. I've now finished 'tane, had final bloods, etc, and had no issues. However, having said that, it is your risk to take.

I've never heard anything about drinking on accutane. I've gotten drunk a few times since being on it and I haven't noticed a difference. Maybe I didn't read the fine-print but I say DRANK.

Accutane puts a huge amount of stress on the liver.

Alcohol puts a huge amount of stress on the liver.

Both of those are facts.

Are two or three drinks going to hurt you? Probably not.

Is binge drinking every weekend going to hurt you? Who knows...everyone is different, but it sure as hell aint good for you.

Edited by Fred Q

prolly gunna get a bunch of people freaking out but just wanted to know if anyone has ever taken ecstasy or acid while on accutane.

Getting very drunk once a week is bad for you when you're NOT on a serious drug that strains your liver. It's obviously your risk to take, but I don't see why you'd do that so close to the end of your course. Just wait it out. You'll have plenty of time in your life to drink.

I'm finished in a week. I'm going to wait it out a week or two (because the accutane is still in the body), and then drink like never before!

Congratulations, you're soon finished!

I'm finished in a week. I'm going to wait it out a week or two (because the accutane is still in the body), and then drink like never before!

Congratulations, you're soon finished!

:dance: