Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danniboi

accutane regimen?

Hey all :)

I'm just to start accutane, but i'm a little confused about what to do when i'm on it?

Should i have a special regimen? washing, mousturizing etc? and what products would you recommend?

Hope for a little help

/frustrated acne-fichter :o)

Wow, no responses yet. That's a little shocking....hmm.

Well i use Cetaphil both moisturizer and cleanser. I started using those about a week before I actually started taking the pills. It is recommended by most dermatologists because it is gentle and moisturizing which is what your skin needs while on Accutane. There is also another brand, I can't remember the name but a lot of people recommend it.

I wash my face twice a day and moisturize twice a day, morning and night. It is important not to use benzol peroxide or salicyclic acid while on Accutane because it will dry you out. Not sure what else to say so feel free to ask more questions! :)

Oh and good luck!

thanks for reply :)

have you finished accutane?

have heard about cetaphil, but what if you have really oily skin? my skin has never liked ANY moisturizer before :s because it gets so oliy during the day..

do you use the lotion or cream? and how much do you use? a fingertip?

I use around half a pump or one pump of each. I am on day 145 out of my 5 month and two week course so only 20 days to go for me :)

My skin was pretty oily but Accutane dried it up so much that I needed moisturizer. If you want you can continue your current regimen though and then start Cetaphil once your skin starts to get dry.

I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar and Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin. works ok but i think i might need a better moisturizer. Neutrogena has been nice to me since its not too thick but at night I might try the Cetaphil for extra power.

I had insanely oily skin preaccutane but one week in my skin was dry as a rock.

Sounds good :)

I'm thinking about using something with b3 vitamin (niacinamide) or aloe? but I don't know..

anyone had experiences with these?

And what about your dosage? -Do you guys take both pills at the same time?

Here are a few tips if you need to go on accutane:

- Drink TONS of water, this will minimize side-effects.

- Be very aware of your physical and mental health.

- Moisturize often.

- Take fish oil pills (it's amazing for the skin and prevent dry eyes).

if you can get a hold of it try to get La Roche Effaclar H Mousse Cleanser and La Roche Effaclar H Moisturizer. It may be expensive so derms dont really recommend it, but its the best thing while on accutane i hear. Im using it.

Just used this babywash for about a month, for my body and hair. Meanwhile I was using another speciel wash for my face..

Suddenly, my back just starting clearing up? Just doing nothing else than washing my back gently! My face is the same as always.. So now i considered just washing my face with the babywash as well as my whole body on a daily basis!

The cleanser feals very very gently on my skin! More than Dans Cleanser! - and every other product, i have ever used.. After washing my wash, the skin feal soft and supple, not irritated, and don't leave any residue.

The wash i'm talking about:

Baby'O - sensitive wash - Mild and gently wash for body and hair with Aloe Vera and Chamomile:

Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Aloe Barbadensis, Chamomilla Recutita, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum.

- All the ingredients besides Benzoic Acid and Parfum are found safe. Both ingredients are in the end of the list.

Benzoic Acid is linked with Benzyl Peroxide, and is pretty safe to use.

Parfum is almost unnoticable and very very mild.

What do you guys think? - Have I found THE cleanser?

Just a heads up, just because cetaphil is recommended doesn't mean its good for everyone.

I'm incredibly allergic to cetaphil wash (bottle) and moisturizer. However, I can use cetaphil bar soap. The only thing on earth I've ever had a reaction like that before to is Proactive lotion (after year of use)