Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cystematic

Possibly going off the pill, need help.

Hello everyone :) I've been on birth control (Zovia) for about 6 months now. Before, I used to get 1-2 cysts a week, as well as smaller pimples everyday. My period was not regular either, and I hadn't had it for about a year. After I started taking it, I did not get any cysts at all. A month or so in I decided to change my skin care routine as well, switching from a harsh cleanser to the Acne.org cleanser. That helped a lot and really decreased the oiliness of my face. I also even cut all dairy out of my diet.

My prescription is going to run out soon, and if it were up to me, I would just renew it because I am the happiest and clearest I've ever been in my life. But my mother doesn't want me to be on it any more, as she's fearful of side effects.

I am just completely terrified that my acne is going to come back with a vengeance after I stop. I don't want this perfect skin dream I'm living in to stop.

Please share your experiences with going off the pill, and help me decide what I should do.

Thank you very much for reading!

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 3.5 years and began to have problems with that.........I switched to Demulen for about 2.5 months but that increased my blood pressure huge so I decided I'd get off the pill all together. I got off the end of April 2010 and it's now almost November.........my skin is better than it was when I was on the pill. I've had no real problems............sure I get the odd pimple every now and then, but nothing serious at all.......I'm feeling better too, not so moody or irritable!

Good Luck!!!