Notifications
Clear all

Coffee drinkers

MemberMember
(@rq77)

Posted : 10/30/2010 8:23 am

Is coffee bad for your skin?+ overall health

I'm home alone and I feel like drinking some coffee. Do not ask why because I don't even know why! :D I've never actually drunk coffee(properly), aside from sipped it a couple of times from other people's mugs. I just read the following;- 'Jolt-causing beverages like soda, energy drinks, and coffee constrict your blood vessels, so less fluid flows through your skin ‚ hence, dehydration' etc etc.

Then pro coffee: 'Is coffee bad for your skin?- Negative.and - Coffee combats skin cancer threats'. Coffee also has tocopherols which, being a form of vitamin E, is a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for normal procreation and acts as an essential antioxidant that liquidates harmful free radicals in the body.

I don't even like the taste of coffee lol, but I still feel like trying it. In moderation it seems safe. I would like to know what actual coffee drinkers think about it's effects on acne, skin etc. I know there's a lot of coffee drinkers out there, not sure If people with acne avoid coffee caffeine altogether! later!

MemberMember
(@tree23)

Posted : 10/30/2010 9:13 pm

I wouldn't worry about a cup of coffee - as long as you don't overload it with cream and sugar, drink it early in the day, don't let it mess with your sleep cycle, and drink plenty of water throughout the day as well.

Most people can handle a single cup just fine. Of course you could have some crazy super sensitivity... and other people on here will tell you NO WAY don't drink caffeine if you have acne. I enjoy coffee almost every morning, and I don't think it effects me negatively at all.

MemberMember
(@rq77)

Posted : 10/31/2010 6:37 am

Thanks! I'm gonna try some. Slightly worried though. Last night went out for dessert, raspberry ripple ice cream :D I was the 1st to finish at the table. Nothing got spared marshmallows, chocolate flakes , lol I hadn't had ice cream in ages. Thankfully no breakouts. I know I can have trouble sleeping at times so It's probably best If I drink some coffee earlier on, morning like yourself. The thing is I'm energized most of the time so hopefully extra caffeine won't give me the urge to rip my clothes off when I'm out.

MemberMember
(@pinkstarlett)

Posted : 10/31/2010 8:08 am

I've heard caffeine may be bad for acne, but who knows if it is true. I'm so addicted to cafferine though I really can't give it up

MemberMember
(@bungalow)

Posted : 11/01/2010 12:53 am

Coffee is one of the worst things you can have for acne, since caffeine as a stimulant will increase all bodily processes including sebaceous output. You pores will then have to cope with it and there is a good chance they wont, since it is abnormal.

I can always tell the girls who go to Starbucks every day, due to the dry, blotchy(uneven) skin tone and non-inflamed acne.

MemberMember
(@ginniathzinnia)

Posted : 11/01/2010 2:22 am

I have two cups every morning, and.... I have had really bad acne for the last few years.

I'm sure one cup since you're in the random mood for it might be fine, just don't get hooked!

MemberMember
(@nessie01)

Posted : 11/01/2010 2:57 am

I don't have any acne just some scarring left over from acne I had years ago and I drink probably 5 cups a day. I know it's bad for dehydration and I have had friends of mine who have given up all caffeine and their skin is amazing after 2 weeks or so but it's just hard to keep it up! We all need a vice every now and then.

MemberMember
(@lucky987)

Posted : 06/13/2015 12:58 pm

I have been drinking excessive amounts of coffee for over 5 years now and I have recently stopped for a month. There is a clear difference in my skin which has seen less redness and cystic outbreaks. There's no doubt in my case that coffee is very unhealthy for my skin and I look forward to completely removing it from my daily life.

MemberMember
(@aallyah82)

Posted : 06/18/2015 9:14 pm

I think the bad point with coffee is what you do at the same time... like eating some snacks which are not good for your skin or smoking which is even the worst thing to do