Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

temple areas rarely broke out but now seem to be breaking out

Guest Timehealsall

Well my temples rarely used to break out but now they are breaking out (for whatever reason). I have been on the regimen for about 9 weeks but i never applied BP to the temples (only if i had a zit there, so i used bp as a spot treatment). Anyways should i act as if i am starting over for the temple area and go slow (i.e. once a day with very little BP) or should i start applying a lot to that area?

Just out of curiosity, what can happen if you apply to much BP to early? Ohter than dry skin what else can happen? Can your chance of scarring increase?

I'd assume it would be okay, but it might get really really dry for a while.

for some reason my temples flake like CRAZY and the corners of my eyes tend to burn and itch and sting so bad, and are bright red sometimes, so try to apply a little more moisturizer there just in case.

And i don't really think it can INCREASE your chance of scarring, it might irritate it and POSSIBLY cause a break out and cause scarring that way, but otherwise no.

good luck.

P.S i know it kind of seems like i'm stalking all your topics... and i kind of am, since we're so close time-wise in the regimen.

Edited by SocialAnxiety

I have that going on with my nose. I am going to look like Rudolph here in a day or two. :( I don't know what to do. I RARELY ever broke out on my nose, and now in the five or so weeks of being on this regimen I have had three breakouts on my nose. I always use BP, though. I have been using the AHA+, but it just doesn't seem to be good for anything other than moisturizing. I may have to wash my nose separately with Cetaphil instead and just avoid applying any BP or moisturizer to the area. So disappointing....

Guest Timehealsall

I think I'm going to start slow on my temples, like every other day. I applied bp to my temples 2x a day for the past 4 days and its flaking and drying like crazy. Regarding breakouts do most v regular v papules and pustules have a high chance of scarring?