Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueberry~san

Are Soy sauce, Umami, MSG, Salt OK?

I definitely know how much we need the taste of food. Taste is something that can make our body and mind working synergistically or together, so our body and mind can work together harmonically :D.If there's something missing, the taste is disappearing in our life, You won't know how much painful your life be. Living without taste on your tongue for the rest of your life, WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT KIND OF LIFE ! I understand how great raw food be, but you cannot work with it in a long run, i bet you'll be bored with raw food with no flavor at all !

So basically, seasoning is the process of imparting flavor to, or improving the flavor of, food :drool: .

Seasonings :

1. Saline seasonings : Salt, spiced salt, saltpeter.

2. Acid seasonings : Plain vinegar (sodium diacetate), or same aromatized with tarragon; verjuice

3. Hot seasonings : Peppercorns, ground or coarsely chopped pepper, or mignonette pepper; paprika, curry, cayenne, and mixed pepper spices.

4. Saccharine seasonings : Sugar, honey.

Condiments :

1. The pungents : Onions, shallots, garlic, chives, and horseradish.

2. Hot condiments : Mustard, gherkins, capers, English sauces, such as Worcestershire, Baron Green Seasoning, Harvey, ketchup, etc. and American sauces such as chili, Tabasco, A-1 Steak Sauce, etc.; the wines used in reductions and braisings; the finishing elements of sauces and soups.

3. Fatty substances : Most animal fats, butter, vegetable greases (edible oils and margarine).

Now it's up to my question. Are there any safe types of seasoning for acne :think: ? Again, are Soy sauce, Umami, MSG, Salt OK?

Edited by blueberry~san

i would say msg is pretty bad. everytime i eat chinese food, pass out within an hour of eating it. pretty its because of the msg.

But believe it or not, MSG had been clarified "Safe for Human Race" for the third time at 1987. It seems that MSG has salt content in it, then Is salt bad for acne :think: ?

Edited by blueberry~san

But believe it or not, MSG had been clarified "Safe for Human Race" for the third time at 1987. It seems that MSG has salt content in it, then Is salt bad for acne :think: ?

Don't buy into that garbage, this country doesn't know a damn thing about health. You'd actually do well to avoid most of what the FDA deems "safe".

Stay away from MSG and soy, they're both poison.

There's nothing wrong with real seasonings, I use them all the time. A lot of what you listed in your original post is acceptable, including salt. Stick with natural seasonings (ginger, cinnamon, paprika, etc.) and stay away from processed sauces and vegetable oils.

I eat what most people these days would consider a bland diet, but to me it tastes wonderful. Try weening yourself off of excess carbs, sugars, and processed foods. Nature has given us plenty of flavor. When your brain and taste buds aren't being constantly bombarded with overly sweet and salty foods, they readjust and become more sensitive to the subtle, natural flavors of everything else.

Also, hunger is the best sauce, as they say. When you're eating real food and actually have to take the time to prepare it instead of reaching for something snacky at the first sign of hunger, it'll taste twice as good no matter what. I never snack anymore. There's nothing like sitting down to a big ass, tasty meal after a hunger's been allowed to brew inside of you the entire time you've been cooking it.

Edited by King Rat

I'm with King Rat on this one.

Corporations infiltrate the governmental administration (like the FDA) and lobby to create legislation that affect their industry. It's the epitome of conflict of interest.

The makers of Aspartame (Monsanto) are a prime example. Executives from Monsanto cross over to the FDA, back to Monsanto, so on and so forth. The makers of Aspartame are the last people you want making decisions as to the safety of their product. It's like going through a divorce and having your spouse's attorney represent you.

If you use salt, use sea salt. It's filled with vital minerals.

Holy shit I watched a whole documentary about Monsanto and I still didn't know they were responsible for aspartame. This company is the very definition of evil.

There's absolutely a lot flavors from tons of raw food, but we're talking about making a cooking process, what do we put in to the food or how can we make it tasty ? It's all about ingredients and seasoning option ;)

Cook with plenty of aromatic veggies like onions, garlic, celery, bell pepper, etc. All herbs and spices from plants are anti-inflammatory provided you don't have an intolerance such as to nightshades, therefore the peppers in hot sauce or cayenne.

And you can use some salt, ideally sea salt. Lemon juice also is one of the best seasonings there is, along with onions and garlic.

Cook with plenty of aromatic veggies like onions, garlic, celery, bell pepper, etc. All herbs and spices from plants are anti-inflammatory provided you don't have an intolerance such as to nightshades, therefore the peppers in hot sauce or cayenne.

And you can use some salt, ideally sea salt. Lemon juice also is one of the best seasonings there is, along with onions and garlic.

Soy sauce also contains salt, then is it alright to use soy sauce instead of salt :whistle: ?