Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skin-matters

Lotion or Cream for after you have showered?

I just want to ask a basic question and have everyone respond, and keep this topic simple.

What is a good cream or lotion you have tried or use that works to keep oily skin under control?(non-greasy obviously) but i also don't mind for now.

Lets say, it may absorb the oil, or make the skin feel good - after showering, and also during the whole day?

I mean this as in, once you have just jumped out of the shower, and you can just apply on the skin, while your body is still either moist or warm and before you have gotten dressed?

Cream, lotion, powder, gel, special mixture/combination of both, apply another soap on your skin and leave it on, or a natural remedy?

What are everyones experiences, just say the name of the PRODUCT and BRAND, i really want to try everything in the coming weeks. I have bought hydraderm, though for me, this leaves a greasy texture and feels yuk. Also i don't really mind, i will try it and the list that gets populated could be beneficial to others.

Thanks heaps everyone!

:)

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

hey AshleyNicole,

Thank-you for your reply,

I have thought about that after i made this topic, i was thinking that after showering the warmth of my skin my absorb the greasiness of the oil, though im just reluctant as it has made my skin feel so yukky when i had dry skin. I will give it a go, the warm moisture may make it more comfortable.

I haven't tried oil on my skin, except i think it was caster oil.. and another oil, i mixed the two and applied it while i showered, it was good - did it a few times, but it didn't have a long lasting effect that i thought it would, and the floor of the shower became a little slippery and i thought it wasn't that a great idea for me.

Well that is what i am aiming for something at least that will make my skin more comfortable. It has been a long 12 years now and it is quite dreadful. I might just have more sensitive skin, so when my skin is producing even little oil/lots, my senses go in overdrive and the feeling i get is just crazy.

Something needs to be done, though i will firstly try Hydraderm right after i jump out of the shower and try my best for a few days and see how it goes, just like you have suggested.

I will let you guys know if this will be a solution, if not i will try to get my hands on jojoba oil will be next.

*Off topic - Coral Kavi is something i still haven't gotten myself into gear for, but i was told that you can make your own sulfur soap, has anyone tried this?

: )

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well i tried hydraderm and i also tried johnsons baby lotion - pink bottle, as i have been told that baby lotion is good for the skin.

Once each in the last two days, i have tried this just after being out of the shower, it still felt greasy. It might take a while for the skin getting used to, but i just experimented first off.

My skin gets extremely oily, i meant that when i applied the creams on my skin when my skin was only dry. I really want something non-greasy, just a basic cream which dilutes the oil.

Is there even a cream which leaves a light pasty residue or film, something that may just stay on the skin throughout the day, and odorless, i know I'm asking for a bit much, but still.

I will see how it goes in the next few days with the two creams!

Feel free for anyone else to post otherwise.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

hey,

Yes, last 12-13 years my skin has been producing excessive oil, on the face, inside outside, ears, chin/jaw, all around neck, upper back and upper chest, it's the worst, also makes you feel horrible and it can be quite draining emotionally - if that make any sense.

Cornstarch, thats like an ingredient for cooking in the kitchen.. if it works ill try it, thanks for the info but, as it is worth trying and may do the trick...

Talcon powder, i haven't tried it but have had a look at it, but works the same way as baby powder, they still feel uncomfortable on the skin, and also have a strong smell.

Ok, as i have made it be messy on the skin, i will lightly take off any residue of the cream once i have showered.

A cream im looking for is one that will get absorbed into the pores of the skin and mix with the oil and break it down - easier said than done (I know).

Ok thanks, Speak soon.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Hi there,

On my face I'm currently trying Acne Cream by Skin Actives and I'm finding it to have a matte finish, non-irritating, redness reducing. I'm also a bit less oily currently but its too soon to know if the topical anti-androgens in the cream are working. (They are the only thing that can actually reduce the production of oil topically. Anything else just absorbs, doesn't reduce oil production.)

For my body I like the jojaba oil or moisturizer from Acne.org. They are mild and the moisturizer has a soothing effect on my sensitive skin.

My legs don't break out and I use Kiss My Face brand lotion on them. It's not too spendy, totally natural, and they have a whole variety of scents to choose from. I like lavender. I wouldn't use it on any skin that is oily or acne prone though.

If you want, check out my blog for the experiments I'm trying with some products for oily skin right now.

Good luck!

Try using vitamin-A at night. Just apply directly on the oily area. Might take a week or two to notice the difference though.

hey,

I just figure that there should be a cream that you could buy in bulk and that will just absorb or break down oil. Like i just think it shouldn't be so difficult.. lol such as when you put detergent on dishes and it breaks up the oil.. but it's not that simple it seems.

I want to be able to either buy a basic non-greasy cream and maybe apply something to it and then voila it will work... because i will cover a lot of area on my skin, i want to buy in bulk such as a large tub and hopefully for it to be cheap/i don't want it costing me a fortune.... as i will be applying it everyday and relieving the stress of this oily muck on my skin, it is hard to get used to it and i don't think i ever will.

I have a whole tub/large bottle of hydraderm which i bought which i thought may be great and it is a good product, but not for my purposes, unless i can work with it somehow, but again im not fussed i will pay for something that works really well and does the job - if you get me on this.

I will be reading your blog oilyoilyoily from time to time to see what works for you including what others have ben saying and i myself have a number of things to try out and experiment with everyones experiences with creams.

Ok,

Has anyone tried curash, the powder on their skin to eliminate oily skin?

I am using it right now, and to what i see it hasn't been helping a few hours in after showering and it's not really doing much. Like you have said Ashley Nicole, corn starch is an ingredient used in powders and creams, as it says so on the curash powder bottle. I iwll by some corn starch on it's own and give it a go.

I went and bought and tried curash lotion, and that failed also, it really didn't do much alleviate the oil or break it down after a while, made the skin more greasy if at all.

I am still going to try different creams and lotions, i know i have to, showering often takes a lot of my time throughout the day and that it drains my energy, a solution needs to be found, or some alternative.

I will post a list of creams and lotions that i have tried once or twice on my skin, and what i have in mind to try.

Has anyone come across anything that works?

Now that winter is approaching i need some kind off temporary fix, something that will work daily.

I can't stand it when it is winter, it stresses me out the oily skin! :/

If anyone has feedback i would be happy.

I will definitely post up a list of things i have tried and that have not worked soon, i have made a list of everything i have given a go, but will find the list in the coming days hopefully.

Things i have tried:

I will start off from what i recall from POWDERS and LOTIONS:

• Baby Powder
  • Talcon Powder
  • Baby lotion
  • Curash wash
  • Curash powder
  • Hydraderm Lotion

WASHES

• QV wash - it leaves the skin feeling moisturized, yet after a little while it loses its effect i found
  • Dermaveen 5.5 - also leaves the skin feeling supple, but not for too long after showering
  • Squeeze of lemon - leaves the skin feeling sticky

SOAPS

• Glycerine soap - worked a little, but not a lot
  • Sapoderm - It cleans really well, but oil still returns after a few hours
  • Olive oil Soap
  • Goats Milk soap

I have tried washing with Oil, (Caster oil and another oil) - don't wish to use oil anymore.

THINGS TO TRY!

• SILICA MICROSPHERES
  • Silk Powder Superfine(insoluble in water, absorb excess oil and provide a silky slip)
  • Panoxyl
  • Coral Kavi Soap
  • Making my own Sulfur soap - as i have heard it is good

For now this is all, i have tried others but will have to think back, and just add to the list.

Edited by skin-matters