Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

So I thought I'd give dairy another go....

A year after giving up dairy I thought it try it again. So at work I started ordering tea, latte, cappuccinos. I had some yoghurt, chocolate etc

Here I am about to go to work looking the worst I've looked in months.

I have 2 nasty spots and a collection of small ones above my lip...

I still get acne without dairy but no where near as bad.

I'm 21 at the moment and this really sucks not being able to eat the food I love.

Pretty much confirmation that dairy = acne for me. Knowing that I can't eat dairy until I'm 23/24 sucks ass.

Just went into work, first person I saw said 'what's wrong with your face'? He then started touching his face where my spots are.

I ran out of work, came home, cried my eyes out and here I am. Probably going to get fired...

FUCK YOU DAIRY.

to be fair, you latte, cappucino.. they all have caffeine in them too.

maybe if you just did milk or something.

not trying to invalidate your findings, but it was a bit silly to test more than 1 thing at once.

I call that dairy? Yes, they contain milk. I'm now back on a non-dairy diet :\

Hopefully, I'll go back to just having a couple of spots here and there once I go back to my normal regime.

No dairy

8 hours sleep minimun

Drinking lots of water and redbush tea at night

Only using Tea Tree Oil on my skin.

Hey there. I'm sorry for your upsetting experience, sweetie. I also have been asked "What is wrong with your face?" At work and spent the next few minutes crying alone in the bathroom. People have no clue how insensitive they are being. I think they are just genuinly curious but they don't realize that to us, having our skin pointed out is like being socked in the stomach. :(

As others have said, and I wanted to mention, what you did was not a very good test of your dairy allergy... because there are many things in yogurt, chocolate, etc that you could be reacting to. For one, almost ALL chocolate in existence has soy in it. I am personally far, far more reactive to soy than I am to dairy. You could be too, or it could be the dairy. But you won't know until you do a proper elimination diet with testing one thing at a time. For example, a simple diet of salads, raw food, etc then a glass of milk after about a week and see what happens. Then repeat with other foods you want to test.

For me, soy, gluten, corn all cause my autoimmune system to go haywire and I get big, puss filled cysts on my face. It took a very long and diligent time of testing and waiting to figure this out, but now that I know, I know forever.

Also, what makes you think you could eat dairy at 23 if you can't eat it now? Not to upset you, but in my experience my food sensitivities only got more extreme after eliminating the food. They haven't gone away...

Edited by DejaClaireVoyant

Thanks for the reply, i just slept for a bit because it was the only way i could control my stress levels.

The reason why I believe I could eat dairy at 23/24 is because by then I'll have finished puberty.

I'm currently 21 and still look 18/19. I can barely grow any facial hair and feel a long way from a 'man'.

90% of my acne is hormonal imo and that's why I can't have milk. If I avoid milk/dairy its usually always a case of having a couple of spots on my chin which I can just about live with.

I remember breaking down 3 years ago before work about acne and here I am in the same position today. It hurts so much....

All of the dairy foods you listed also contain ALOT of sugar. Could be the sugar rather than the dairy. Maybe try incorporating dairy back into your diet that also does not contain refined sugar. Sugar can mess with your hormones.

I like to buy plain full fat yogurt and add stevia to sweeten it. I only drink raw pasture fed milk. There are live enzymes and probiotics naturally in raw dairy that help you digest the sugar (lactose etc) and protein (casein). And no added hormones and antibiotics.

I used to get hormonal cystic acne along my right jaw line. Cutting way down on refined sugar and grains and drinking raw dairy has eliminated these breakouts for me. I still eat pasteurized cheese, yogurt and butter with no problems.

You just need to experiment to see what works for you.

Hey aliass, how long did it take you to start seeing results from giving up dairy? I've been off dairy for over a month now and I haven't really noticed any changes one way or the other.

Without dairy i still get spots but they are much less aggressive are pop up far less often.

I notice the results almost immediately, aka I stopped dairy again yesterday and haven't got any kind of a spot since.