Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
special

Why No Spot Treatment with Dan's BP

A while ago I came across how Dan is in the works of developing a BP for spot treatment and when I was researching spot treating with Dan's current BP others members were against it saying it was meant to be used all over the face.

I don't understand why the BP wouldn't be effective as a spot treatment, and why you need a different system for spot treating than the whole face. It just sounds weird, why would the two products differ?

Guest Timehealsall
A while ago I came across how Dan is in the works of developing a BP for spot treatment and when I was researching spot treating with Dan's current BP others members were against it saying it was meant to be used all over the face.

I don't understand why the BP wouldn't be effective as a spot treatment, and why you need a different system for spot treating than the whole face. It just sounds weird, why would the two products differ?

wait this is confusing. So dans BP is not effective on active pimples? What the fuck? Should i use neutrogena on the spot treatment on the active zits until they die down and then dans BP?

wait this is confusing. So dans BP is not effective on active pimples? What the fuck? Should i use neutrogena on the spot treatment on the active zits until they die down and then dans BP?

Dude, calm down. BP is still effective as a spot treatment. I and others have used it successfully in the past. The advantage of BP over other topicals is that it CAN penetrate deeper into the pore, theoretically stopping acne before it gets started. Hence the application of it all over. But that's not to say that it doesn't kill active zits, because that's simply not true.

it doesn't work too well as a traditional spot treatment (ie blobs of it on big pimples) because it tends to kind of... over irritate and make them really sore and heal slowly (just my experience)

with me, i don't even need one, once a pimple pops up it either has a nice big whitehead by the end of the day, or it dies down enough to not even be noticable (depending on the size of a zit)

I've personally never had success with spot treatments, so i see no point in dan making one, and if someone needs it, they can use just plain BP or AHA if they wish.

Guest Timehealsall

Lmao before going on the regimen i was so fucking ignorant. I literally v just used proactive bp as a spot b treatment and once the zits went away I stopped using the bp since it was so drying. Would a 5, percent v bp I.e. duac be an effective spot treatment? Also regarding the aha, can you still use it as av spot b treatment once the zit forms? If you can, how many times a day would v be suitable

Also would aha, work, on small, pimples such as those, on, the, nose? If so how, many times a week or day can I use aha

Also would aha work for smalll zits/pimples on the nose? If so how many times a day or week should I be applying it? And how much would I put on the zits

AHA is doing nothing as a spot treatment for me for any pimples I have been having. It seems it is only good for providing a little extra moisture if the moisturizer is not enough. It may work better for you, though. I just haven't personally had any success with it when spot treating.