Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gigante

New member needs advice

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this board for some time now and finally decided to join. I am determined to do something about my scars -which are mostly rolling, with a few pitted and two or three boxcar-in a cost effective way. What I would like to do is purchase a dermaroller and some TCA cross so I can use them in cunjunction with one another. Is this is a good idea for a novice? If it is, my questions are:

1) What strength TCA should I get?

2) How long should I wait after dermarolling to apply the TCA?

3) What's the best and safest skin numbing cream?

4) Whats the best aftercare?

5) How long will I look like a zombie?

6) On ebay, there are dermarollers for a few bucks and then there are those as high as $35. Does anyone have a suggestion on what brand to get?

After I've healed, I plan on getting an injectable filler, and I understand they are generally 500 or so bucks per needle, which I can afford...if only one needle is needed. But is just one needle usually adequate for a moderate to severely scarrred face? Because if it's not and I need two, I might as well not even make an appointment, because I can't afford to spend a thoudand bucks right now.

Any other thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Gene

hey, you are asking a little too many questions for my liking and im taking it you havent read the tca cross summary? i strongly recommend you read it before going any further (otherwise you may give yourself worse scarring).

Hi. I've had filler before for rolling, boxcar scars and one needle was enough for me. Do you have any pics you can post? As far as tca goes, I don't know about that type of thing. Maybe read the summary like gimme suggested. Good luck