Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
libra99nh

Help me!! (Isotretinoin)

Does anyone know a physician who is willing to give out low dose isotretinoin for mild acne if the patient strongly believes its the only thing that helps them? I'm willing to travel wherever as every doctor I've been to is scared to give it out because of possible legal issues. :| I have a rare skin-type that is extremely oily and this always results in acne. I'm on minocycline right now and can't stay on that long-term as the side effects are worse than isotretinoin in my opinion. In all honestly, I've only had MILD side effects from isotretinoin, every time I've been on it, and my skin was amazing when I took it, so I know it's the magic bullet for the type of acne I have. Isotretinoin seems to be under scrutiny now and doctors don't want to give it out unless they see awful acne on the person's face. Sometimes it's easier and better to start taking isotretinoin BEFORE the breakouts start! It saves us money on lasers and other treatments to remove the scarring!

PLEASE HELP ME I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!!!!!!!!! I'M A LONG TERM ACNE SUFFERER BECAUSE OF THE SKIN TYPE I HAVE. THIS STUFF HAS WRECKED MY LIFE!

Thanks guys

P.S. ONCE THIS MINOCYCLINE WEARS OFF (AND IT WILL SINCE IT'S AN ANTIBIOTIC), MY ACNE'S GONNA GET REAL BAD UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME MY FREAKIN' ISOTRETINOIN. =( HELP!!!!!!!!

Edited by libra99nh

I don't think any physician will give out accuntane, you will need to be referred to a dermotologist. Even then most derms will want to try several treatments before allowing you an accutane perscription, especially if you are a woman.