Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebecca1980

Inflamation??

my acne is always red &i inflamed when it comes up and i will break out in the same spots over & over again chronically :(...n it never heals and i just want to scratch my face off because they are so itchy! i just started acanya gel and retin-a micro yesturday; hopefully this annoying sensation will go away :(; i'm a bad picker its hard not to when i can feel them growing and living on my face :)

post-140121-1288399335_thumb.jpg

post-140121-1288399335_thumb.jpg

Picking really increases risk for scarring. :(

Ice the spots, that will help with itching and inflammation. If it's hard to resist the picking, put bandaids on each spot! That kind of reminds you not to pick and you have to go to slightly more trouble to pick, too.

If the itching continues and it's a new symptom, you might want to check with your doc about whether any of the meds might be causing the itching. At night you could take Benadryl, claritin, zyrtec, something like that to help with the histamine response.

thanks for the info :) not a new symptom...always inflamed but the retin-a is making me more itchy cause skin is peeling...i have faith this treatment will work-did in the past