Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetPea25

question to those that have been or are on spironolactone

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for posting about your acne experiences. It makes me feel so much better to know that I am not the only one going through this!

Anyways, I am a 25-year-female.At the age of 23, I started getting cystic acne around jaw line. I also have acne on my back and lil bit on the chest.

At the moment, I take 100 + of minocyline twice and 50 g of Spiro.

I gotta admit after a month of the aforementioned regime, my face is CERTAINLY better. It is less oily and I have like three pimples. BUT, i noticed that there is more acne on my back and more on the chest...

I am just confused as to why...

Is it an initial breakout? Allergic reaction? Should I just suck it up because my face looks great but back and chest not so much...

My GP told me to be patient... but for how long though?

Thank you soooooo much guys!

Funny that you bring this up...

last year i was taking minocycline (100mg twice daily) for a while and eventually weened off of it... but the entire time i was taking it my face was pretty much flawless...but my back/shoulders were another story! it was really bad on my back.

then when i came off of the antibiotic my face started breaking out really bad again but my back got somewhat clearer.

Now I am taking 25mg of Aldactone (Spironolactone) and my face is better but not 100% clear and my back and chest were broken out for a while...but i have found that Head and Shoulders (Intensive Treatment) works really really well for me as a body wash.

ITS JUST A NEVER ENDING BATTLE THAT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!! :confused:

hope this helps a bit!

Funny that you bring this up...

last year i was taking minocycline (100mg twice daily) for a while and eventually weened off of it... but the entire time i was taking it my face was pretty much flawless...but my back/shoulders were another story! it was really bad on my back.

then when i came off of the antibiotic my face started breaking out really bad again but my back got somewhat clearer.

Now I am taking 25mg of Aldactone (Spironolactone) and my face is better but not 100% clear and my back and chest were broken out for a while...but i have found that Head and Shoulders (Intensive Treatment) works really really well for me as a body wash.

ITS JUST A NEVER ENDING BATTLE THAT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!! :confused:

hope this helps a bit!

thanks lady! No kidding about the never ending battle! I guess I will buy that body wash and wait and see what happens :S