Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

Perricone MD Flawless Perfection Set LOG

Alrighty, so I am going to keep a log on my experience with the following Perricone MD products: Face Finishing moisturizer, Nutritive cleanser, and Face Firming toner! I also have the No Foundation foundation but I already have used that before so it doesn't necessarily need to be logged. The reason I am doing this is because I am a true skin care junkie and I have an addiction to trying everything! I need to settle down and people say it's better to use one brand's products at a time... which I never really do. So here goes!

I have faith in Perricone MD products, which is why I chose this kit to focus on and use. Hopefully I am not disappointed. I am still going to be using my prescription skin care with this; Differin + Duac. Feel free to add experiences and/or ask questions! Wish me luck :)

The official page for the set - including reviews, prices, and ingredients.

Edited by bek_cogent

Okay let's git this thang going!

First impressions are very positive.

Cleanser: A clear gel that smells very faintly of baby powder- it's comforting and clean smelling. The smell doesn't transfer to the face though. It's a nice smooth gel that cleaned off my makeup and got rid of some flakes as well. I didn't wash my face at all today yet (blachhh- waiting for the set) and it even cleaned off some flakes. Yay!

Toner: Very refreshing and light. I feel squeakity clean! But not tight or dry! It has a very slight scent I can't place but it's pleasant.

-Applied BP after toner

Moisturizer: Light rose scent. It's rich but not too heavy if that makes sense, a perfect mix. Goes on smooth over BP (hallelujah!!!) and sinks in fast. Like it!

My skin looks even and glowy so far!

-ALSO on a complete side note:

Tried EverPure smoothing shampoo and conditioner for the first time today (in tandem) and am impressed with those as well. I will keep that sort of updated too. It's hard to find HG shampoo and conditioner for me! So it's a goooood day! Haha.

Last update for today -

I used the No Foundation foundation and applied all my makeup and it looks flawless. So that is a big + for me since I wear makeup almost every day. More tomorrow! :D

hola bek!

awesome that you got that stuff. its now on My amazon wishlist lol :surprised:

oh yeah along with

Mario Badescu stuff

peter thomas roth stuff

bunch of perfume

and

AVAHA Pure spa stuff

:)

oh be careful with their products bek.

i found that their Perricone MD Skin Clear Cleanser

has the ingredient of parabens.

:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Stearyl Alcohol, L Tyrosine, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

that might be a different bottle that you got cuz the tops are different.

@ djh123 :

Hahaha you sound like me! All the stuff I like to buy :)

I haven't tried Ahava yet but I have been eyeing it for awhile now. Have you tried their stuff before?

Thanks for the heads up on the cleanser, I actually did get a different one. What's wrong with parabens again?

nah i haven't ever tried the avaha stuff. looked yummy enough to try it sometime though.

i copied and pasted this from thefreelibrary

"Are parabens bad? Here are some of the dangers of parabens that are proven scientifically but which have been covered by the makers ?

1) They are known to cause skin rashes, irritations and many types of allergic reactions.

2) They can cause considerable damage to the endocrine system. This way it ruins vital body functions like metabolism, health of tissues and mood and behavioral functions."

they're also linked to cancer somehow.

not saying that would actually happen to us but its a possibility. :(

:think:

nah i haven't ever tried the avaha stuff. looked yummy enough to try it sometime though.

i copied and pasted this from thefreelibrary

"Are parabens bad? Here are some of the dangers of parabens that are proven scientifically but which have been covered by the makers ?

1) They are known to cause skin rashes, irritations and many types of allergic reactions.

2) They can cause considerable damage to the endocrine system. This way it ruins vital body functions like metabolism, health of tissues and mood and behavioral functions."

they're also linked to cancer somehow.

not saying that would actually happen to us but its a possibility. :(

:think:

Wow haha I had heard about parabens but never why they were disliked. Interesting.

Did you know that France has banned like 400+ ingredients from their cosmetics industry while we have banned like 12. A littttle scary.

Got a few spots over the last couple days but they have gone away very quickly and were very small! My skin looks smoother and more refreshed. Also haven't had many (if any) dry patches! My red marks look better.

Edited by bek_cogent

I am only using the moisturizer in the AM for the most part. I want to try and skip moisturizing at night and see if it helps the Differin any. I didn't use any for the past few days and my skin looks better, this set is making a difference too obviously.

Has anyone tried this? Less moisturizing? It goes against my initial commandments but I never used to use a night topical before.

My skin is definitely smoother and brighter. I don't need to use moisturizer at night anymore. I would have had to use it before, but my skin is happy without now (and with Differin only at night).

Okay let's git this thang going!

First impressions are very positive.

Cleanser: A clear gel that smells very faintly of baby powder- it's comforting and clean smelling. The smell doesn't transfer to the face though. It's a nice smooth gel that cleaned off my makeup and got rid of some flakes as well. I didn't wash my face at all today yet (blachhh- waiting for the set) and it even cleaned off some flakes. Yay!

Toner: Very refreshing and light. I feel squeakity clean! But not tight or dry! It has a very slight scent I can't place but it's pleasant.

-Applied BP after toner

Moisturizer: Light rose scent. It's rich but not too heavy if that makes sense, a perfect mix. Goes on smooth over BP (hallelujah!!!) and sinks in fast. Like it!

My skin looks even and glowy so far!

-ALSO on a complete side note:

Tried EverPure smoothing shampoo and conditioner for the first time today (in tandem) and am impressed with those as well. I will keep that sort of updated too. It's hard to find HG shampoo and conditioner for me! So it's a goooood day! Haha.

What exactly is no foundation foundation? Also the toner sounds great, I may have to put it on my xmas list.....I have a toner addiction lol

What exactly is no foundation foundation? Also the toner sounds great, I may have to put it on my xmas list.....I have a toner addiction lol

Haha well it's Dr. Perricone's creation. It's a foundation that comes in one shade that adapts to everyone's skin tone.

From the site:

"No Foundation Foundation

What it is:

An age-fighting makeup that provides natural coverage and nonchemical SPF 30 protection.

What it is formulated to do:

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation offers translucent coverage allowing the natural health and glow of skin to shine through while protecting the complexion against damaging UV rays. It works to correct skin undertones and offers all-day moisture, providing an even, dewy finish. A dose of specially treated pigments, blended with light diffusing mica, instantly soften the look of lines, wrinkles, and pores, creating a flawlessly radiant look.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

What else you need to know:

This formula includes antiaging actives, DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid, which help to firm skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles over time."

And I really like the toner! I used it after washing yesterday and just applied primer (no moisturizer) and my makeup looked really good! Haha toners are psychologically soothing too. At least, to me :)

bek what color is your hair? im thinking of getting red hilights in mine :)

Hey :)

my hair is dyed red but it's naturally a dirty blonde-brown. What color is yours? Brown? I need to redo my hair!

I think these products have helped with my nose. It was getting the requisite oiliness and whiteheads I think from the retinoid. Small downside to pay. But it looks a lot better now. The toner is really good as base under primer for makeup. Loving it. I'm wondering if I should buy another set now in case the sale goes off.

Edited by bek_cogent

my hair is dyed red but it's naturally a dirty blonde-brown. What color is yours? Brown? I need to redo my hair!

It's dark brown so I'm thinking of getting dark alburn hi lights in it

Haha well it's Dr. Perricone's creation. It's a foundation that comes in one shade that adapts to everyone's skin tone.

From the site:

"No Foundation Foundation

What it is:

An age-fighting makeup that provides natural coverage and nonchemical SPF 30 protection.

What it is formulated to do:

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation offers translucent coverage allowing the natural health and glow of skin to shine through while protecting the complexion against damaging UV rays. It works to correct skin undertones and offers all-day moisture, providing an even, dewy finish. A dose of specially treated pigments, blended with light diffusing mica, instantly soften the look of lines, wrinkles, and pores, creating a flawlessly radiant look.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

What else you need to know:

This formula includes antiaging actives, DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid, which help to firm skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles over time."

And I really like the toner! I used it after washing yesterday and just applied primer (no moisturizer) and my makeup looked really good! Haha toners are psychologically soothing too. At least, to me :)

Thanks so much for this info! The foundation sounds amazing, i'm def. going to look into purchasing some. Yes toners are psychologically soothing....my skin feels so much cleaner after using them and I also flake so much less.

Thanks so much for this info! The foundation sounds amazing, i'm def. going to look into purchasing some. Yes toners are psychologically soothing....my skin feels so much cleaner after using them and I also flake so much less.

Ooh that's what I want but I'm too pale anyway. Sounds so pretty!

I love my skin today. I actually haven't used a moisturizer in a few days which is realllllllllllly abnormal for me. But this line is so gentle and soothing that I haven't needed it. I haven't gotten and dry spots or flakes since using this either. Hallelujah!

Actually, I think dark hair or red looks great on pale skin. I'm a pasty whitey and I'm actually a natural blondish/brown, but I was way too pale so I started dying my hair years ago. I think pale skin carries off darker colors better.

Actually, I think dark hair or red looks great on pale skin. I'm a pasty whitey and I'm actually a natural blondish/brown, but I was way too pale so I started dying my hair years ago. I think pale skin carries off darker colors better.

Hmm! I got dark hair awhile ago... I liked it but I think it washed me out a bit compared to my normal red. I wish also, that I could afford the upkeep of highlights! :P