Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tygerlily

Treatment for THINNED SKIN

I had clear skin until I was 24. Then all hell broke loose. I was pregnant at the time when I got severe cystic acne. The doctors kept saying I didn't have many options because most things would harm the baby. So they mentioned they could inject all the cysts with cortisone(or whatever the steroid is called)....I was DESPERATE so I said ok. Well this doc used way too much and even said "You have the most severe acne I've seen and I will need to inject high doses for this to go down" . I didnt know about any of that stuff, and just wanted an instant fix. So after the baby was born, I got on antibiotics and benzaclin...they worked GREAT! But now I was left with EXTREME scarring.

Is there anything that I can do to help my thinned skin and the pits on my face??? I know people use lasers and dermarolling for their scars, but will treatments like that MAKE MY SKIN WORSE?

I cant help but think putting needles into the already damaged, thinned, torn up tissue skin will NOT help! Any ideas? Thanks

BTW I have had 2 Fraxel restores 3 years ago and I'm not sure if it made it worse on the really thinned out parts:(

One answer springs to mind right away.

Copper Peptides helped my skin to thicken, it was super thin after dreaded laser.

Also dermarolling...get the collagen happening again.

Goodluck

Adella

Thankyou! I am going to try copper peptides...could you tell me a good place to purchase from?

Also, do you think needles could damage it more since it is so thin and does not seem like there could be any collegen left under this skin?

I swear by skin biology copper peptides. Google it :) start on a mild strenth and work up to a stronger one.

To answer the question about dermarolling making it worse... NO.

You need to stimulate the collagen to growing and thicken your skin. Alot of people use a small roller and CP serum to treat aging skin and fine lines,, its incredible!!

Id advise you to do alot of reading about HOW dermarolling works, google is your friend.

Too easy!!

Goodluck

I will be back regularly to answer qustions for a while :)

Adella