Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teemac1974

have anybody tried us the comedone extractor for the use of blackheads, whiteheads or any type of acne

hey ladies and gentlemen have anybody tried using an comedone extractor for thier pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, i was reading an article about the comedone extractor. can anybody share their results on this subject..i have taken an excerpt from an article about this devise, please see below..thanks

The comedone extractor has one or two looped ends, with one of them usually ending in a shaper point. In most cases, the comedone extractor can be used to remove some surface pimples, but blemishes located deeper should be left alone due to risk of infection and scarring. The comedone extractor uses the looped end to apply pressure to all areas of the pimple. This is different than the finger squeeze method which centers pressure on one point.

While it may be possible to use the comedone extractor by itself, with very little preparation, it is not recommended. Instead, the directions usually call for allowing steam to hit the face for a few minutes. This helps open up the skin pores a little more. Caution should be taken during this step simply because there is a potential of getting burned, depending on how hot the water is.....

Edited by teemac1974

my derma have done it with me, well its effin painful.it does have good effects in your skin though cause the pimples are really flatten yet the soreness is there. i would not really recommend it doing by yourself and just buying those comedone extractor. best done with a derma or an esthetician. :ninja: