Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SocialAnxiety

Halloween candy

As you all know, halloween is coming up, and i'm kind of scared.

The last time i had sugary foods was my little brothers birthday, and i loaded up on the ice cream and cake (and figured out the hard way that i'm suddenly lactose intolerant) and i had a massive breakout.

Now, i could just not participate in the whole thing, but i rarely eat candy, and i'd really like to this year.

so my question is, is there anything i can do to lessen/completely avoid getting a massive breakout from all the sugar? something to counter-act it?

or can i just spread out the candy, eating only like one or two peices a day? or would eating it all at once help?

Thanks.

P.S, Not completely sure where to put this, so i put it here.

I sort of know how you feel, but I'm really good at not giving into temptations, so much so that I dont even have the temptations anymore.

Buttt, if I were you, I would pick my favorite candy, and have two or three pieces of it.

Edited by MoussakaChaos

i just had a medium sized breakout which made me depressed so i just ate 2 bags of m&m's. im tired of not eatign what i want im almost ready to deal with severe acne for life just so i can eat.

i just had a medium sized breakout which made me depressed so i just ate 2 bags of m&m's. im tired of not eatign what i want im almost ready to deal with severe acne for life just so i can eat.

Hey don't feel so bad. Every body screws up especially with acne diets. Just restart from the beginning and don't punish yourself for cheats. Keep yourself motivated so that it won't happen again. You can also begin associating candy and other high GI foods with acne and depression. It helps a lot and eventually just looking at a cake or a bowl of ice cream will make you feel depressed. It's not really a good thing but it's worth it to be clear + free of digestive issues for myself (hopefully eventually).

thank you its just i was doin so damn good and now im back to complete shit. nodules, cysts all of it, i really just want to give up sometimes and its really hard because im out of work and dont have the money to buy the correct food for the candida diet and probiotics. im really loosing my mind

well before you eat any of that candy just think of the consequences man.... either you enjoy a piece of candy, breakout later, and feel depressed about it or reject the candy and not worry about breaking out the following days, you decide. I know what you mean man and i get tempted to eat all kinds of foods but i think about my skin and keep my head high and say "no". although, eating maybe one piece of candy wont really affect much. it is also all in your head man, your mind is VERY powerful so dont think negative when eating a candy and stop stressing because it will eventually make you break out. Go out and mess around with the kids or go to a party and that will distract your mind, before u know it, you wont be breaking out no more. goodluk!

Moderation really is key. Make your other meals clean as possible. Eat a few pieces, laugh with your friends, dance a little, forget your stress. Live.

Also, Goldenseal tea is reeeally great for counteracting candida feeding sugars, because it is very anti-candida.

Almost every Friday I go out with my friends to the local coffee shop and have a mint-chocolate frappucinno (with whipped cream!). It's like the only real cheating I do. They have local music on Friday nights, and I have so much fun and feel so rejuvenated being with my friends after a long week, that the frapp doesn't even bother my skin. It's about your mentality and what else you eat. Cheating is not the ultimate sin. Moderation is key, and perpetually punishing yourself every time you slip up leads to unhealthy thoughts (believe me, I know). You need to know your own limits and not push them while still allowing yourself a little fun here and there.

This also goes to say that enjoying what you eat on a daily bases is a huge factor in your happiness. Healthy can be delicious, so make sure all your meals are colorful and flavorful in all the best ways, so you can feel good all around when you eat them.

Thanks for all the replys guys.

I ended up eating a bit anyway, and i feel kind of angry, but hopefully i won't break out TOO bad.

And i don't really feel the urge to cheat, and theres really nothing to cheat anyway, i don't miss candy, nor do i crave it, it all tastes too sugary and gummy to me, but its halloween, and i just felt like i should eat at least SOME, Or everyone would look at me funny like they usually do.

i'll just give the rest to my little brothers.

also, before anyone asks, in my house we don't usually celebrate holidays, except thanksgiving, this year we just got candy early because my little brothers wanted it.

Yeah just like the other posts say don't stress it. If you think a food will break you out it prob will. Your mind is very powerful. Hence the placebo effect. Be happy through the good and bad. Honestly I can't stand when people get depressed. We live extremely fast lives. Enjoy every day your blessed. Clear skin or not.

haha wow i just had 3 big halloween cupcakes in a row i couldnt stop they were so good but im not going to stress over it and ill see how bad i breakout