Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tomorrowneverknows

3 of the best treatment for scars ..

i have been coming in to this forum for about 2years now ... and from reading most of posts regarding to scar treatment ... i think these 3 are the only hope for treating scars most effectivly ....

1) tca cross / peel

2) needling

3) subcision

what do u think ?...

I feel the same way as u. Perhaps with TCA Cross for icepicks. These 3 are possibly the only ones that i might consider doing down the road, i have yet to start on any treatment so i don't know how effective they would be. I am 18 with asian skin and seems that lasers are a nono for my type

I dont know.....there are so many differnt kinds of treatments....it seems "different strokes for different folks"

Guest Scorpioness

Saline injections made many of my deep scars level or near level to my skin. They basically work the same way as subsision.

In fact, I am going to start doing them again on scars that are too wide for CROSS to treat. Since I just started using Retin-A again (to build collagen and enhance TCA and other procedures) I plan on waiting a couple of months before I start these up again. These improved a lot of my scars up to 90%, but did nothing for icepicks/scarred pores (that's where CROSS comes in).

Both CROSS and saline injections have worked very well for me. I'm still hopeful about needling also, however I have only done small test spots which seemed to get minimal improvement.

The efficacy of scar treatments also depends on the type of scarring, the skill of the person who does the treatments, and your skin's ability to heal. For example, TCA CROSS works well on icepick scars.