Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeshake

Is there hope for 50 year old?

I'm 50 but I look younger. My scars are spread apart. They might be box scars. They really really bother me.

Is there anyway I can help reduce these scars? I'm opened to new methods? I would also like to educate myself on price. I am unemployed, have a mortgage wife and kid.

Scars have been the number 1 contributor to my depression. Yet I see other people who have much worse scars than me and seem to deal with it fine. They get attractive girlfriends and all that.

So, I think it would really do me a word of good if I could really reduce these spread apart scars.

I have been putting this off for 25 years. Why don't I do something about it?

Jake, you must prioritise! You are unemployed, have a mortgage, wife and child. Your wife and child must come first. You have to get income flowing even if you have to resort to jobs you would not have considered in the past. Work several part time jobs, deliver pizzas, anything that gets your esteem back on track. Everything looks worse when you have so much idle time to think about them. Only after you get your finances straight should you be worried about acne scars. Start with something simple like the dermaroller. Lasers are thousands of dollars which you cannot afford right now. Your age and your acne scars are not your most pressing concerns. Take care of your family, and then your scars will not seem nearly as important. Listen to Dave Ramsey, he has a good way of putting things into perspective.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

Clearly you have more pressing issues.

I understand depression is difficult, but try focus on what you DO have, a wife and a child, rather than what you dont have- perfect skin.

Your skin issues are only skin deep!!

Please see a doctor or look at counselling, You sound unhappy and im sorry to say theres NO quick fix for scars, so resting your hopes on a treatment is futile.

If you really need to do something....read munsoned thread about dermarolling, but one on ebay and begin self treatment, its your best option.

Goodluck,

Adella

Adella, I believe the dermaroller may be a good starting point for most people, and we are talking about less than $100. Fractional Ablative Co2 Lasers are for more difficult cases. Jake doesn't sound like one of these cases.

IMO its all about perspective Dudley, id never reccomend anyone who is struggling financially to go out on a limb for laser or any expensive treatment. Theres too much of a risk of dissapointment. You need to be able to afford it, and time off, with no worries, we know stress affects our skin.

I read here someone who is looking for a miricle.

Sadly this process (healing scars) isnt miraclous and takes time and patience. So cheap as it is, why not begin rolling? a year from now improvement will be noticable.

Sometimes high expectations of possible 'life changing' results can cause depression, not fix it!

IMO its all about perspective Dudley, id never reccomend anyone who is struggling financially to go out on a limb for laser or any expensive treatment. Theres too much of a risk of dissapointment. You need to be able to afford it, and time off, with no worries, we know stress affects our skin.

I read here someone who is looking for a miricle.

Sadly this process (healing scars) isnt miraclous and takes time and patience. So cheap as it is, why not begin rolling? a year from now improvement will be noticable.

Sometimes high expectations of possible 'life changing' results can cause depression, not fix it!

That is why I agreed with you. Jake needs to get everything else worked out before he does anything about scars, and then he should try rolling.

Yes definitely dermaroller and dermastamp for targetting your worst scars. Lasers have a strong possibility of leaving you with more problems then you started with and might only improve your scars a little bit. Yes, c02 lasers are better for scarring but they are also much much riskier and expensive.

Be patient with the roller and stamp and research A LOT before you begin.

Jake, you must prioritise! You are unemployed, have a mortgage, wife and child. Your wife and child must come first. You have to get income flowing even if you have to resort to jobs you would not have considered in the past. Work several part time jobs, deliver pizzas, anything that gets your esteem back on track. Everything looks worse when you have so much idle time to think about them. Only after you get your finances straight should you be worried about acne scars. Start with something simple like the dermaroller. Lasers are thousands of dollars which you cannot afford right now. Your age and your acne scars are not your most pressing concerns. Take care of your family, and then your scars will not seem nearly as important. Listen to Dave Ramsey, he has a good way of putting things into perspective.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

:clap: Always Sage Advice Dudley

You're all right. I really have to get back to work and then fix my self esteem before I spend any money. I keep saying I want to use a dermaroller but never do it. Will I really see improvements?

Speaking from experience, YES it works.

and is also good for anti ageing (as a benefit)

If you are interested in how I use the roller PM me. You can begin a course of treatment for as little as say 200 including roller and products.

Im 38 and have been using it for over 1 year, I now enjoy a marked improvement. There is no debate about weather it works or not. It works, over time. Same principle as a fractional laser, except without the laser beams.

I also had C02 laser and all I got was burns and disfiguring pigmentation. I personally turned back free fraxel, because I was so unsure of it.

There is NO magic overnight 'cure' for scars. If there were, the forum wouldnt exist.

In my personal struggles with scars, needling/rolling, is the most effective treatment so far, and was achieved at a low cost, and for myself.

Adella

Speaking from experience, YES it works.

and is also good for anti ageing (as a benefit)

If you are interested in how I use the roller PM me. You can begin a course of treatment for as little as say 200 including roller and products.

Im 38 and have been using it for over 1 year, I now enjoy a marked improvement. There is no debate about weather it works or not. It works, over time. Same principle as a fractional laser, except without the laser beams.

I also had C02 laser and all I got was burns and disfiguring pigmentation. I personally turned back free fraxel, because I was so unsure of it.

There is NO magic overnight 'cure' for scars. If there were, the forum wouldnt exist.

In my personal struggles with scars, needling/rolling, is the most effective treatment so far, and was achieved at a low cost, and for myself.

Adella

Thanks you Adella.

I will try it. Is there a chance of hyperpigentation if I have rosacea? My skin is very sensitive.

I will PM you.

You're all right. I really have to get back to work and then fix my self esteem before I spend any money. I keep saying I want to use a dermaroller but never do it. Will I really see improvements?

I agree with Adella - you will see improvements with the dermaroller, but it will take time. The plus is that it is relatively inexpensive. You could do a treatment on a Friday morning and be recovered enough for a job interview on Monday.

Here is my own experience - I started my scar regime mid-December of last year, with subcision treatment for my rolling scars. Since then I've done 3 treatments with the 1.5mm dermaroller. The first treatment probably shouldn't count because I did it so lightly. I've seen tremendous improvement and intend to continue these treatments.

My regime:

Night: clean with Ponds "cool cucumber classic" cleanser, followed by Cetaphil cleanser.

apply L-ascobic acid serum, wait at least 1/2 hour

apply Tretinoin .05% CREAM, wait at least 1/2 hour

apply Derma-E DMAE-alpha lipoic acid-C ester cream

Day: clean with Ponds "cool cucumber classic"

apply CP serum to nose and eyes; Super Cop to rest of face

Once a week or so I mix a couple of drops of 50% glycolic and 50% lactic peel solution to the Ponds to use as a deep cleaner.

You might look at this forum to gets some more info about needling. This is the place where I purchase my rollers and L-ascorbic:

http://forum.owndoc.com/forumdisplay.php?5...g-Microneedling

Do I have to take before and after photos of the scars I have. I hate to see my scars in photos. It really sets me off emotionally.

Do I have to take before and after photos of the scars I have. I hate to see my scars in photos. It really sets me off emotionally.

you sound like a f'ing pussy, act your f'in age!

I agree with Dudley. I think you are overemphasizing your skin problems because it seems easier to deal with than the other aspects in your life. I've been in the same spot and what I've found, as well as many others, is that sometimes fixing skin imperfections are not as easy as we hoped. This can lead down a spiral to depression.

Break the cycle, find other aspects in your life you can repair. You can do it, I know its hard.

Good luck.

try the sandalwood and honey treatment- do some online research on the mask and purchase the products at a local natural store; they are all-natural products. (it's been working for me so far) ...and make sure you pray about it- God cares! :-)

try the sandalwood and honey treatment- do some online research on the mask and purchase the products at a local natural store; they are all-natural products. (it's been working for me so far) ...and make sure you pray about it- God cares! :-)

I never heard of that treatment before.

sorry but how the hell does honey and paste work to help indented scarring? what are the ingredients, and do you have before/after photos to prove this?

sorry but how the hell does honey and paste work to help indented scarring? what are the ingredients, and do you have before/after photos to prove this?

"The Road To Wellville" 1994

Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

I am just posting what has been helping me with my scars. Up to you if you want to try it or not- I'm going on 2 weeks, and it's made a drastic difference in my skin.