Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I am here to help those out their who are struggling to keep their complextions clean. Ive been their done it, got clear broke out again got clear broke out again so on so on.These are based on MY opinoin, if you dont like it. You have no stand against me becuase this is based on an opinion in which im entitled too.

Point One-Correct Antibiotic Use

Antibiotics should be used when starting a new regimen to help control any initial breakout. Long term antibioic use is a BAD idea. I was on antibiotics for quite a while. When they stopped working my acne came back worse.If you are currently on them long term-dont panic-its ok jsut slowly wean yourself off. Antiibiotics should only be used three months tops.When you stay on them for a year or so your immune system will begin to collapse on itself causing you to take a hefty recovery period to get your skin back under control.

Point Two-Drugs and Alcohol

I belive that drugs and alcohol have a direct correlaion to skin quality and inflammation via toxins. I smoked weed everyday for about a year while taking anti-biotics for that time.When the effects of the antio-biotics wore off i realized wtf i was doing to myself.Bad Idea.

Point Two-Topicals

Once again topical anti-biotics should only be used for a limited amount of time. I had a derm who based everything on antibiotics, when one stopped working...on to the next. point blank-ANTIBIOTICS STOPP WORKING!do not rely on then as a crutch. rely on them for a short time when you need them and taper off.Physical bacteria killers like benzoyl peroxide work very well. If you cannot use bp(like me currently)azealic acid gels work wonderfully.Bacteria killers that dont promote resistance is what you want.Retinoids are also some of the best treatments(IF YOU STICK WITH THEM!!!)Yes, they will make you look worse at first.(But what effective acne treatment doesnt?)I recommend ATRALIN. I believe it is more effective than retin-a micro.I have never tried taz of differin so idk bout those.------IF ACNE BOTHERS YOU--SEE A DERM!!!--BUT!!!If they try to put you on long term antibiotics or keep switching you from topical to topical.GET A NEW ONE!!You want something that is known to last on skin long-term.

Derms are like your future husband or wife--PICK ONE YOU CAN TRUST!

POINT Three-Lifestyle

Try to balance your Omega-3 to Omega-6 if you dont know what these are LOOK EM UP! DO NOT DRINK SODA-DO NOT DRINK CIGARRETES AT ALL-MODERATE ALCOHOL-MARIJUANA?NO MORE THAN ONCE EVERY THREE WEEKS-FAST FOOD-NO, fruits and veggies are very important. but one good point -DONT OBSESS- its ok to cheat every now and again.Get good sleep when you can grab it.NO MILK,NO PROTEIN SHAKES(maybe you can but i sure cant)NO CREATINE!!!!!!!!!!Exersize when you can. I recommend zinc,vitamin d,niacin,fish oil(huge),vit c. take these EVERYDAY!dont forget.

Point four-Skin barrier resistance

This is an important facter. IF you let your skin get dry enough to get cracks you are asking bacteria to get let in. Dont be afraid to use non-comedogenic moisturizer over your wonderful topicals. EXCESSIVE skin dryness is bad, SOME dryness is to be expected and thats ok.

Point Five-Your healing Spirit

Say to your acne,"look you son of a bitch im gonna kill you for good,your gonna go away back wear you came from on planet pimpleonia"but seriously.......be confident in your treatment. Realize that you could have been born with the condition-micro penis-(real!!)- or born with no legs.Or a heart that pumps outside of your body. Or blind. When you wash you face visualize you cleaning the face of the temple that is your body. Dont get mad at your body guys. Take care of the problem. face it --YOU HAVE ACNE--- then do what you have to do to treat it.--NEVER GIVE UP OR LET IT GET OUT OF HAND---DONT BE EMBARRASED TO SEE A DOCTOR THEY LOVE YOUR BUSINESS(unless they suck). Stress has an effect on acne.....minimal?maybe, but an effect non the less.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE--REMEMBER PERSISTANCE IS KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Dammit. I like to drink cigarettes. :rolleyes:

I've just brewed up a batch - care to join me? ;)

I'm coming over right now. We can drink cigarettes and smoke vodka :D

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape