Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buffygirl2001

Regimen no longer working

I found Dan's regimen last November and I loved it, now for some reason it's no longer working for me. Has anyone else had this happen. My acne isn't as bad as before but if feels like it's getting there.

post-127131-1288334806_thumb.jpg

post-127131-1288334806_thumb.jpg

Edited by buffygirl2001

Hey, I'm pretty new at this, so I have no personal experience to share. I've read a lot of posts and blogs, and I've seen this problem come up several times. Most of the time, the person rereads the "How To" page and realizes that they haven't been doing something right. Mostly, people note that they have not been as gentle with there skin as they should, they never upped their dosage of BP to two pumps, or they are not allowing enough time to dry and absorb before applications of BP or moisturizer.

I hope I could help...

My advice is to take a look at everything you have been doing with your skin in the past few weeks, and compare it to when you started. Have you consistently been using the same products? How gentle are you washing, applying BP, and moisturizing. curly.lissa summed everything else I would recommend pretty nicely in the above reply.

If it was working before I am sure it will still work. I have been on the regimen for several years and have gone through periods where I have experienced breakouts and been discouraged. However It is almost always fixed for me by being more gentle and sticking to the basics. Good luck and dont give up just yet. Hope I helped.

Edited by smurfo9

Hey Buffygirl2001 -

Not sure if you are getting email notifications to this - but have you seen this thread ont he Acne.org Regimen products board?

I am in the same boat as you - and I actually stumbled on another girl who posted the same sort of post - she has/had been using DKR products for a year and half - and now she's breaking out again. I'm in the same boat as well (been using them for over 2 years) - check out the thread and please comment if you can so we can figure out what we are doing wrong!