Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dr Neal would never tell us what his "secret" ingredients in his supposedly innovative acne products are. He also does not post them on his website and he won't tell you what is in them until you purchase his products. From what other people who have used his products (none successfully from what I can tell) have posted here, his products contain: BPO, and Sulfur and Glycolic Acid (which is only in the cleanser, I think?). These ingredients are in many other well formulated acne products, which are much cheaper than what he sells his kits for on the web. None of them are new or innovative.

His long distance plan really bothers me. He has 5 different kits designed for various levels of acne severity. One thing that really irks me is that the kits get more expensive as the severity of acne increases (there is a $60 difference between the mild kit and the severe kit). All the kits have basically the same 4 products - the only thing that varies is the strength of the cleanser and the strength of the treatment lotion (which contain sulfur and BPO).

It seems unfair to charge those with severe acne that much more, for what is basically the same kit of products. Plus, severe inflamed acne is sometimes easier to clear than "milder" noninflamed acne. My esthetician says she can usually clear inflamed and cystic acne much better and much faster than noninflamed.

When my acne clinic treats clients (locally or long distance), they tailor an acne regimen to suit each persons unique skin needs (acne type and severity, skin sensitivity). They don't use a 'one size fits all' type of kit, like the acne practice does, nor do they base the cost of their products or services based on the severity of the client's acne.

And Dr Neal touts his treatment as a "cure". Anyone who tells you that they can cure your acne is flat out lying to you. There is no cure for acne - you can only control it (at least until the time you grow out of being acne prone). None of those active ingredients he uses cures acne - if they did, lots of other companies would be laying claim to having "the cure" too!!

thanks for the useful info, thats what I figured too that it was just some sort of regime with OTC products we could order

I hope someone who has used this product/regime can fill in more detail in the future

Here are two fairly recent posts from two members who tried the AcnePractice "bootcamp" home products. The 2nd post tells you what the products are and the active ingredients (mainly just BP and sulfur)

Post 1:

tried it for my bacne. It didn't work. Its basically three products. A cleanser, drying cream, and loton. You use all three at once like a system. The drying cream is only thing you can leave on topically. It sorta reminds me of the refining mask of the proactive system. Overall very expensive and not very effective. Trust me its not some revolutionary treatment. Maybe for people who live in NY bc they have better access to the doctor. But anyone else is going to have a hard time.

Post 2:

Ive been using it for about 6 weeks and I can see some change. I have mild/moderate acne. I tried proactiv for over a year and i started getting 1 or 2 cysts every once in awhile so I stopped and tried the bootcamp home version. I wouldnt say it does not work since my face really got better since I started using this system however I would agree that this isnt the miracle cure to treat acne.

As mentioned on the recent post, this system is a 3 step system. I bought the moderate acne home version. The 1st step is a cleanser, 2nd is oil control, and the 3rd is a lotion. Wash it off after each step and pat dry after the 3rd step. The kit came with instructions on how to use the system and it says there that you only apply the products on specific areas on your face. Areas that are not red, irritated,... The 2nd step (oil control) is also used as the spot treatment at night. It also came with a small bottle of moisturizer.

Another problem I see with this bootcamp is the price. I bought my kit for $280 including shipping. It really costs an arm and a leg. Refills are said to be priced at $20-35, which is still pretty expensive. The bottles would last for about 5-6 weeks but I think it could be more. I am in my 6-7th week and there is still a lot left. The directed amount to use is dime size but I use half of that, which is more than enough for me.

Here are the active ingredients of the products based on the labels:

Step 1 Benzoyl Peroxide 5% includes (great burdock,erysimum, citric acid, glycolic acid, zinc)

Step 2 Sulphur 10 % includes ( same as above )

Step 3 Sulphur 3% BP 5% includes (same as above)

I would say that given the active ingredients are only BP and sulfur, these products are terribly overpriced. There is nothing innovative or special about them as far as I can see.

I'm new to your site. I was actually googling the acne practice site to get my cross-fit workout for the day when I saw a string about a 19 year old wondering about the acne practice. I was kind of shocked when I saw all of the negative responses from other people, none of which appeared to be patients of his. As a patient of Dr. Neal's, and current friend, I just wanted to clear the air a bit. First of all, he is an actual doctor, a D.O. based in NYC. I have known him for over 3 years, and was a patient of his since he opened his first office in SOHO. He is incredibly smart, compassionate, and yes, straight-forward which some people see as arrogant, but I find completely refreshing. He's not here to stroke our egos, he's here to get results.

I noticed people speculating about the ingredients of Neal's products, and, trust me, they have no idea what they are talking about. I don't know that it's my place to give up his formulas, but his products are not based on "benzoyl peroxide". He uses a variety of proven ingredients that he has gotten results from over the years. I was in his bathroom the other day, and the guy believes enough in his products to use them himself. I never had horribly bad acne, but I was always prone to small break-outs on my forehead and cheeks. I can't say I haven't had a pimple in 3 years, but it only happens when I get lazy and stop using his products as advised.

I also saw people complaining about the cost. You have to stop and think about what he is doing and what his overhead is. He had to work with labs to create the products he wanted, which are all original formulas. This isn't inexpensive. Then he had to create the packaging which involves designers and production. Then he had to create a state of the art website, which again cost quite a bit of money. On top of that, not only does he sell you the products, but he personally answers questions for each of his clients. Who else does that? His office visits cost more because he is giving the patient more time on a face-to-face basis and promises not to stop until the patient has gotten their acne under control. It's well worth the money to have a guarantee that you never have to be embarrassed about your skin again. If you don't believe me, I think that the videos speak for themselves.

*Moderator edit - stand alone post posted in Acne Research. Titled The Acne Practice, A Patient" Now made visible and merged with Neal Megathread 9/10/09*

Does anyone know what the Acne Practice is? I have seen videos on youtube, and multiple videos occur where a doctor keeps the "practice's" methods very secret. I think his name is Dr. Schwartz and he says he has 100% success rate. He says he doesn't use any oral medication and all of the patients appear to have less oily skin.

He shows them progress over about 6-7 weeks. They are basically clear and/or better acne wise.

*Moderator edit on 9/10/09: this was the first post in a separate thread titled "The Acne Practice??!!" originally posted on Jan 15 2009, 09:25 PM. Reopening and merging into Mega Thread.*

Following the lead of our amazing new president, we are now entering the era of a higher integrity where lies don't get people to the top anymore.

In keeping very real, I am a former banned member who has a massive passion for acne like many of you here. I talk about it everyday of my life. I was banned here for self-promotion and I will re-read this post several times to make sure there is none here. My guess is that this post will get deleted either way because it seems the people running this site have gained the power to manipulate the minds of thousands of young people by deleting and hiding posts.

So lets be real. This place is not an true organization anymore. It was when it first began. Since the sale of products on a "side" site has been established, this site has turned into a full blown business and not unexpectedly, the original mission and integrity has been bent to flip the bill for overhead and supplies. It's ok, Just like any other business.

The original mission was to bring an "unbiased forum to the world" (you can see the mission statement has been changed because it would be false advertising at this point)

The defense that is claimed here is that "we give other alternative ways to use other products"

Again, let's be real for once. Allowing other options while promoting your business is just business as usual. Remember the progressive insurance commercial "We'll look up all the other quotes for you and let you know even if they are cheaper than us" Business as usual. Disguised integrity.

Not saying the people running it aren't well intended people. I believe some of the moderators themselves don't realize they are part of a business, not an organization. Their real altruistic passions are then utilized to fuel a business. It's cool, business makes the world go round. But let's be real about it, this is not an organization anymore.

Did you know that this place deletes and hides posts that talk about other good products?

Did you know they invisibly close topics so it looks like no one is interested? But really it's because no can post. (but it's not marked as closed to hide the conspiracy...... clever)

Did you know that they manipulate their own modified search engine here? They can even make another site look like it's going to crash your computer... Amazing technology, and an amazingly new low for integrity here.

If any idea that is not profitable gets too excited here, it is hidden or deleted. This act will be defended by saying "we don't allow spam here" However, What if they are deleting or hiding something that really can help people who have failed benzoyl peroxide, jojoba oil, and licorice root?? Can you imagine the powerful potential for harm. Although very helpful to many, this site may be single handedly keeping tougher cases from getting better.

so much for "First do no harm." but I understand because this is a private business. And like all other businesses, integrity is hoped to be maintained within the confines of keeping the business alive as the top priority.

For those of you who read this and then watch it get deleted or "invisibly" closed, you are getting a first row seat of how the manipulation is propagated here. It's control of about 20,000 young minds per day. Scary given no one running this place is really qualified in any way to take care of people.

i think it's time to keep things a little more real. This is a good business run by amazing computer experts. This is not an health organization anymore.

-Formerly Banned Member and former chronic acne sufferer.

*Moderator edit - stand alone post posted in Introduce Yourself as per the date above. Made visible and merged with existing Mega Thread on 9/10/09 in interests of full disclosure. *

Hi, my name is Iris and as i was reading all the posts on this thread, it actually made me quite disappointed , i have used Dr.Neal's acne program, and from EXPERIENCE, i KNOW that the products DO WORK! so i found this very sad, that people like yourselves would judge his acne program so ruthlessly without even giving it a chance or proper research, its really a shame. I had a really bad case of acne and like many of you at first i was a bit skeptical, but i took the plunge and decided to give it a try, i even called his office, for a bit more info on the products, i started using them on 0ctober of 2008 and it was by far the best decision i have made for my skin, i now can say that i have baby smooth skin, and i am still clear till this day, i have recommended his products to my sister and friends, because its just that good! so before bashing his line of products please take a moment and really think about it, if you would like to try it call his office, or even better if you live in NY take a visit, but please dont do him any injustice, its unfair and downright wrong. His products work, and i can say this because i have used them and have had great results. If you refuse to believe that theirs a product that actually works for acne that's fine, but don't give bad press to a product that you yourselves have not yet tried.

Sincerly

Iris. M

*Moderator edit - stand alone post initially posted as per date above. Made visible, merged with Neal Megathread 9/10/09*

The "acnepractice" is a group that we have considerable dealings with here on Acneorg - mostly in that they have continually spammed us, posed as doctors without presenting credentials, for years in some cases, and by the time we finally DID get the credentials, the troubles we'd had with them was too much to simply let slide.

Dr. Neal may very well be good at his work. But we don't know for sure because he's never managed to stay on these boards long enough without breaking the rules.

And as far as I know, no one who has ever worked for him who posted here has ever told us exactly what the treatment is. Only that it "cures" people.

> The Acne practice, The Acne At home bootcamp (client)

Hi, my name is Iris and as i was reading all the posts on this thread, it actually made me quite disappointed , i have used Dr.Neal's acne program, and from EXPERIENCE, i KNOW that the products DO WORK! so i found this very sad, that people like yourselves would judge his acne program so ruthlessly without even giving it a chance or proper research, its really a shame. I had a really bad case of acne and like many of you at first i was a bit skeptical, but i took the plunge and decided to give it a try, i even called his office, for a bit more info on the products, i started using them on 0ctober of 2008 and it was by far the best decision i have made for my skin, i now can say that i have baby smooth skin, and i am still clear till this day, i have recommended his products to my sister and friends, because its just that good! so before bashing his line of products please take a moment and really think about it, if you would like to try it call his office, or even better if you live in NY take a visit, but please dont do him any injustice, its unfair and downright wrong. His products work, and i can say this because i have used them and have had great results. If you refuse to believe that theirs a product that actually works for acne that's fine, but don't give bad press to a product that you yourselves have not yet tried.

Sincerly

Iris. M

you are probably paid to say this... Dr. neal is a scam artist, his prices are a ripoff (200-600 dollars for tiny amount of ridiculously strong chemicals) , and if you want to return a product he will not refund any money.

I started useing Dr. Neal`s Products about 3 months ago. Before then I pretty much tried everything I could possibly get my hands on. He is a very reliable source and has delivered the best results I`ve ever achieved. My skin is completely clear. As a patient of his I feel completely in control of my acne problem. I can contact him any time, he has continuously given me great advice for all the problems I`ve ever encountered, and he has not only allowed me to gain control of my acne problem, but his advice has cleaned up many habits of my lifestyle in general. If you follow his guidelines to a T, which he gives to all his patients, you will find success. I also have two other friends who have used his products and have found the same results as me. I`m not sure where all these false rumors about his products have come from but, his products are simply the best and I`m very thankful for his contributions to the field.

Like most, im hear to get some help and advice, if i can, about my problematic skin.

I dont have sever acne, i think most people would consider it mild?

I hate blemishes, they are evil. i started getting 'acne' when i was in 7th grade big time on my forhead. and now its not aS bad but its still all over my face.

i remember a few years back i was watching a video of myself when i was in 5th grade and my skin was flawless, i became really angry and suprizingly jealous...of my own self! lol...

anyways, im in college now, and i really really want to find a way to fix my skin.

i saw on youtube the videos about "The Acne Practice" but im skeptical. has anyone tried it here?

I know the "Dr." isnt spoken nicely of because he wont tell his ingredients, but ...has anyone tried it yet?

i was JuSt about to buy myself a home package, but then i decided to look it up on google and i couldnt find much info. on the product besides what he has put out there himself.

anywho, let me know!

Thanks

*Moderator edit - originally posted in Introduce Yourself Mar 18 2009 as a standalone post.*

Does anyone know what the Acne Practice is? I have seen videos on youtube, and multiple videos occur where a doctor keeps the "practice's" methods very secret. I think his name is Dr. Schwartz and he says he has 100% success rate. He says he doesn't use any oral medication and all of the patients appear to have less oily skin.

He shows them progress over about 6-7 weeks. They are basically clear and/or better acne wise.

first off, LOVE your bottom quote!

ok sooooooooooo i was just about to buy this product. and i think his name is Dr. Neal.

but then i googled his name and here on acne. org i found some people who said questionable things about him. i emailed him and heres what he emailed back as a responce.

hey,

I'll copy this and write in the lines(------). Feel free to let anyone know how I feel about these comments:

acne.org

Just in case you don't read the whole thread, here is more illuminating information about the guy:

QUOTE (Jess @ May 30 2008, 01:29 AM)

280$ almost seems like a bargain when you compare it to this price I found on his website....

Cost: $900-1800 (depending on acne severity)

Several members have made astute observations on this thread.

Faction said he won't disclose what his methods involve until you pay up-front.

I wonder if you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement along with your check.

------that's actually pretty funny....

If he's legitimate and the results are real and he's truly here to help (and not just himself to your $) then may I ask you to consider the following......

"Dr. Neal" came here months ago and, after spamming and receiving multiple warnings, he refused to provide any credentials to the admins. (We do want doctors to feel welcome here but not if they just came to spam and can't/won't verify who they are.)

------excited about the practice in it's infancy, I was upset to hear all the suicidal and hopeless souls talk about how they had tried everything. To give them real hope, I was self promoting my innovations. guilty. ( I didn't know much about online etiquette at the time as my interactions in the world were mostly live with real people up until then)

----credentials: Random college aged amateurs form california were asking for my medical credentials on an anonymous forum that I was not yet familiar with. Like everyone else on that site, I was not ready to divulge my personal information online.

The guy told us that if we let him advertise his products here---sunscreen included ---then he said he might think about supplying us with some credentials. Never happened.

------they weren't entitled to any personal information on a public forum.

I didn't trust them at the time.

So we explicitly told him not to talk about his products or refer to himself as a Dr. Then he disappeared. About 99% of his board posts were made invisible (nearly all were duplicitous in nature)

Even Dan asked him for credentials and he consistently refused, implying that our site should feel lucky to have a "real doctor" like him and that we ought to be more accommodating by letting him advertise on the message board so that, in his own words, he could have "access to the acne product market." (BTW, Dan forbids any advertising and pays extra bucks to keep the board ad-free for everyone.)

------those aren't my words as I never speak about the "market" I do however get concerned when suicidal people are getting falsely reassured from amateurs online only to find themselves twice as scarred as months pass on a regimen that is not working for them. It hurts people very badly. the important idea of "first do no harm" has been disregarded in all online medical forums in every specialty. It's hard to witness sometimes.

Now, I'm not saying he isn't a real doctor. He is. In fact, his specialty is hemorrhoid removal.

Neal Schwartz D.O.

(Board Certified Family Practitioner)

-Emphasis in Hemorroidal disease

-has performed over 5,000 non-surgical hemorrhoid procedures.

-achieving >90% success rate with low and high grade hemorrhoids

-Second Emphasis in Acne Treatment without the use of oral medications.

------this is true. I have a massive non-surgical hemorrhoid practice and a specialty acne practice with no oral medications. (my personal hobby) Surprisingly, the dramatic results from both practices are similar because both conditions are completely treatable, non-curable, private, inflammatory conditions which cause major predictable emotional problems...

---

If you go see him at his office it cost $900. His products i doubt work miracles. The reason you see the huge difference is for 3months the patient gets weekly facials. It's not a permanent solution.

I been to those acne facials places. They are really good at taking out little black heads before they turn into a pimple. But it was not a permanent solution and each visit cost $75.

-------Totally inaccurate presumption. As an acne sufferer, I myself have failed at those mediocre acne clinics. I created a new series of videos called the After-After videos to address this inaccurate concern. (and all the new home version videos as well...) They still don't recognize that this is a completely new and original, patented innovation. Everyone will in time....

Naturally im concerned with these comments...

what can you say about them?

-------Besides the point to point above, I will have to say this. About a half dozen legitimate home version clients have posted on the same board about their amazing results here. All have been either invisibly closed, closed, or completely deleted. Ask them about one guy that wrote, " the acne practice--- impeccable results" It's gone???

If you are a curious experimenter type, you can see the manipulation of the board for yourself. (Keep in mind this .org is now a .business making real money and they will do whatever it takes to protect it like any other business. Regardless of how many people they are keeping from getting better).

If you were to post this email response or even your own real gut reactions to all the videos, (mentioning your knowledge of photoshop), I'd bet your post would be shut down in less than an hour. If not totally deleted and your account closed, it will get an "invisible block" which will not allow people to post making it look like it is an "uninteresting" thread.

It's a real conspiracy that is keeping people from getting better..... i.e. people are getting hurt everyday by that board. (remember..., Time = scarring)

Even after my videos have been up for over a year, I still read many people writing, " I failed accutane, diet restiction, topicals, and oral antibiotics...... what can I possibly do now?" It hurts to read it and not be able to reach out. I know it's impossible to reach out to these helpless souls without self-promoting so I just sit by frustratingly and watch them permanently scar up their one and only face.... It hurts to witness it over and over again.

Let me know if you decide to experiment,

-Dr. Neal

--------

so i told him:

well thank you for responding. I appriciate it.

I understand what you are saying about the acne.org website, your right it is a business in its self. I guess one thing im kinda stuggling with is, why is it that none of the clients you have shown on your video, say anything about your products? To me, i think to myself ...is it possible they dont mention his products because they are getting facials (possibly paid by you)?

Anywho, if your product is true, youd say so and if it wasnt and it was some kind of scam not like you'd tell me anyways lol ;] :D

well i'll tell you what.. i will buy your product, and if it works i will tell everyone i know. if it doesnt, i will tell everyone i know and then some....

Mr. Neal i do believe what goes around comes around... so realize if your knowingly marketing a product you know is nOt as great as you say it is, no matter if you become a BILLIONare off it, at some point or another, its gonna come back to haunt you. believe it or not.

ok enough said :]

If ur product does work, thank you :]

Adessa

hope that helps.

ill let you know if it works or it was just a scam. im gonna buy the at home starter kit.

first off, LOVE your bottom quote!

ok sooooooooooo i was just about to buy this product. and i think his name is Dr. Neal.

but then i googled his name and here on acne. org i found some people who said questionable things about him. i emailed him and heres what he emailed back as a responce.

hey,

I'll copy this and write in the lines(------). Feel free to let anyone know how I feel about these comments:

acne.org

Just in case you don't read the whole thread, here is more illuminating information about the guy:

QUOTE (Jess @ May 30 2008, 01:29 AM)

280$ almost seems like a bargain when you compare it to this price I found on his website....

Cost: $900-1800 (depending on acne severity)

Several members have made astute observations on this thread.

Faction said he won't disclose what his methods involve until you pay up-front.

I wonder if you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement along with your check.

------that's actually pretty funny....

If he's legitimate and the results are real and he's truly here to help (and not just himself to your $) then may I ask you to consider the following......

"Dr. Neal" came here months ago and, after spamming and receiving multiple warnings, he refused to provide any credentials to the admins. (We do want doctors to feel welcome here but not if they just came to spam and can't/won't verify who they are.)

------excited about the practice in it's infancy, I was upset to hear all the suicidal and hopeless souls talk about how they had tried everything. To give them real hope, I was self promoting my innovations. guilty. ( I didn't know much about online etiquette at the time as my interactions in the world were mostly live with real people up until then)

----credentials: Random college aged amateurs form california were asking for my medical credentials on an anonymous forum that I was not yet familiar with. Like everyone else on that site, I was not ready to divulge my personal information online.

The guy told us that if we let him advertise his products here---sunscreen included ---then he said he might think about supplying us with some credentials. Never happened.

------they weren't entitled to any personal information on a public forum.

I didn't trust them at the time.

So we explicitly told him not to talk about his products or refer to himself as a Dr. Then he disappeared. About 99% of his board posts were made invisible (nearly all were duplicitous in nature)

Even Dan asked him for credentials and he consistently refused, implying that our site should feel lucky to have a "real doctor" like him and that we ought to be more accommodating by letting him advertise on the message board so that, in his own words, he could have "access to the acne product market." (BTW, Dan forbids any advertising and pays extra bucks to keep the board ad-free for everyone.)

------those aren't my words as I never speak about the "market" I do however get concerned when suicidal people are getting falsely reassured from amateurs online only to find themselves twice as scarred as months pass on a regimen that is not working for them. It hurts people very badly. the important idea of "first do no harm" has been disregarded in all online medical forums in every specialty. It's hard to witness sometimes.

Now, I'm not saying he isn't a real doctor. He is. In fact, his specialty is hemorrhoid removal.

Neal Schwartz D.O.

(Board Certified Family Practitioner)

-Emphasis in Hemorroidal disease

-has performed over 5,000 non-surgical hemorrhoid procedures.

-achieving >90% success rate with low and high grade hemorrhoids

-Second Emphasis in Acne Treatment without the use of oral medications.

------this is true. I have a massive non-surgical hemorrhoid practice and a specialty acne practice with no oral medications. (my personal hobby) Surprisingly, the dramatic results from both practices are similar because both conditions are completely treatable, non-curable, private, inflammatory conditions which cause major predictable emotional problems...

---

If you go see him at his office it cost $900. His products i doubt work miracles. The reason you see the huge difference is for 3months the patient gets weekly facials. It's not a permanent solution.

I been to those acne facials places. They are really good at taking out little black heads before they turn into a pimple. But it was not a permanent solution and each visit cost $75.

-------Totally inaccurate presumption. As an acne sufferer, I myself have failed at those mediocre acne clinics. I created a new series of videos called the After-After videos to address this inaccurate concern. (and all the new home version videos as well...) They still don't recognize that this is a completely new and original, patented innovation. Everyone will in time....

Naturally im concerned with these comments...

what can you say about them?

-------Besides the point to point above, I will have to say this. About a half dozen legitimate home version clients have posted on the same board about their amazing results here. All have been either invisibly closed, closed, or completely deleted. Ask them about one guy that wrote, " the acne practice--- impeccable results" It's gone???

If you are a curious experimenter type, you can see the manipulation of the board for yourself. (Keep in mind this .org is now a .business making real money and they will do whatever it takes to protect it like any other business. Regardless of how many people they are keeping from getting better).

If you were to post this email response or even your own real gut reactions to all the videos, (mentioning your knowledge of photoshop), I'd bet your post would be shut down in less than an hour. If not totally deleted and your account closed, it will get an "invisible block" which will not allow people to post making it look like it is an "uninteresting" thread.

It's a real conspiracy that is keeping people from getting better..... i.e. people are getting hurt everyday by that board. (remember..., Time = scarring)

Even after my videos have been up for over a year, I still read many people writing, " I failed accutane, diet restiction, topicals, and oral antibiotics...... what can I possibly do now?" It hurts to read it and not be able to reach out. I know it's impossible to reach out to these helpless souls without self-promoting so I just sit by frustratingly and watch them permanently scar up their one and only face.... It hurts to witness it over and over again.

Let me know if you decide to experiment,

-Dr. Neal

--------

so i told him:

well thank you for responding. I appriciate it.

I understand what you are saying about the acne.org website, your right it is a business in its self. I guess one thing im kinda stuggling with is, why is it that none of the clients you have shown on your video, say anything about your products? To me, i think to myself ...is it possible they dont mention his products because they are getting facials (possibly paid by you)?

Anywho, if your product is true, youd say so and if it wasnt and it was some kind of scam not like you'd tell me anyways lol ;] :D

well i'll tell you what.. i will buy your product, and if it works i will tell everyone i know. if it doesnt, i will tell everyone i know and then some....

Mr. Neal i do believe what goes around comes around... so realize if your knowingly marketing a product you know is nOt as great as you say it is, no matter if you become a BILLIONare off it, at some point or another, its gonna come back to haunt you. believe it or not.

ok enough said :]

If ur product does work, thank you :]

Adessa

hope that helps.

ill let you know if it works or it was just a scam. im gonna buy the at home starter kit.

White Envelope,

My sister and I have just seen Dr.Neal Schwartz products that claim to clear acne in a few weeks.

We would like to know if you purchased the homecare kit and does it do what it claims to do,clear ones acne??

please reply as we are wanting to know from real acne sufferers people who cannot go to his clinic and can truelly verify what he sais on his website.

Sincere and desperate Sisters!!!!!

nuhashak

Please use the PM function. ...

*Moderator edit on 9/10/09: this was the final post in a separate thread titled "The Acne Practice??!!" Reopening and merging into Mega Thread.*

I was looking through youtube the other day and found some videos on a place in NY called The Acne Practice. They have a home version of the routine that you can do that is the same as if you went to the doctor yourself. They seem to be very expensive products, but the videos that they show really are amazing. Horrible acne cleared in 6 weeks. I cannot find out what exactly is in the products though. So, has anyone else seen these videos or used this product?

I've seen those videos.

Honestly, I'm kind of suspicious of these so called "miracle products"

Because they don't show the ingredients on the website. Who knows, it could just be like ProActive or any other system but it's sold for $300.

Personally, I wouldn't spend that much money on something like that unless my dermatologist recommended it to me.

That guy is always trying to spam his stuff on the boards here.

I have no experience with the products but I will say this: I don't advise buying anything (especially at those prices!) unless you know what is in it, how it works, and why it should work for you.

The poster known as Dr. Neal (specializing in hemorrhoid treatment also) is banned from this website for failing to follow board rules even after repeated warnings about those board rules.

Dr Neal would never tell us what his "secret" ingredients in his supposedly innovative acne products are. He also does not post them on his website and he won't tell you what is in them until you purchase his products. From what other people who have used his products (none successfully from what I can tell) have posted here, his products contain: BPO, and Sulfur and Glycolic Acid (which is only in the cleanser, I think?). These ingredients are in many other well formulated acne products, which are much cheaper than what he sells his kits for on the web. None of them are new or innovative.

His long distance plan really bothers me. He has 5 different kits designed for various levels of acne severity. One thing that really irks me is that the kits get more expensive as the severity of acne increases (there is a $60 difference between the mild kit and the severe kit). All the kits have basically the same 4 products - the only thing that varies is the strength of the cleanser and the strength of the treatment lotion (which contain sulfur and BPO).

It seems unfair to charge those with severe acne that much more, for what is basically the same kit of products. Plus, severe inflamed acne is sometimes easier to clear than "milder" noninflamed acne. My esthetician says she can usually clear inflamed and cystic acne much better and much faster than noninflamed.

When my acne clinic treats clients (locally or long distance), they tailor an acne regimen to suit each persons unique skin needs (acne type and severity, skin sensitivity). They don't use a 'one size fits all' type of kit, like the acne practice does, nor do they base the cost of their products or services based on the severity of the client's acne.

And Dr Neal touts his treatment as a "cure". Anyone who tells you that they can cure your acne is flat out lying to you. There is no cure for acne - you can only control it (at least until the time you grow out of being acne prone). None of those active ingredients he uses cures acne - if they did, lots of other companies would be laying claim to having "the cure" too!!

Two more warning signs to add.

First: he claims to have a 100% success rate at getting his clients clear. :liar: I guess that would make him the first practioner on the planet to have a 100% success rate at "curing acne". You'd think he'd at least win some sort of prize or for that, wouldn't ya? Or at least a nod from the dermatology field?

Second: the last time I checked, he had NO reviews on yelp or citysearch. His practice is listed on the websites if you search for it, but there are absolutely no client reviews. Notta one. You'd think that with those amazing results he shows in those videos that he'd have at least a few glowing reviews on yelp. If you got results like that, wouldn't you be recommending him all over the place? So, why no yelp or citysearch reviews? :think:

This guy's practice just screams SCAM!!!!