Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ylem

Help

Help, in a desperate attempt to remove the new scars that are bothering me from huge cysts I developed ;ast year, I took my sharp kitchen knife and almost tried to cut out the pitted areas myelf. I don't think I can take this anymore. :( My first DEEP FX wouldn't even help the fresh scars!! I just THREW away $2600 and I went to another doctor who also does DEEP FX in my area. He told me I was savagely ripped off and would do me for only $1200 combined with PRP, which added to myanxiety. I was happy with the extent of my scarring, and was proud my right cheek was only mildy scarred, but now I have 2 HUGE pits, one right under my right ear from the huge sac that I got last year and another one right in the middle of my right cheek. The cysts went down almost a year ago and the deep pit is STILL there! What is happening to me? wHAT DOES SOMEONE DO WHEN THEY never KNOW when they will get a huge new cyst that will inevitably pit deeply???

Edited by Wynne

That's an irrational action that would cause only more harm. I know you realize that but sometimes it helps to have something pointed out.

What do you do well? Have you discovered yet what gives you passionate interest? Work on finding that....and scars really won't matter so much. How do I know? I have severe scarring, as diagnosed by a regular doctor and dermatologist and I throw myself passionately into things I enjoy and....do them well. You can, too.

I must remind you of the board rules so I shall have to edit out part of your post.

Guest Timehealsall

damn having huge cysts that scar suck. The scar under your ear, i am sure no one can notice it since it is not really on your face (more like near the jaw?).

I have mild scarring yet i feel terrible all the time. I can only imagine someone with severe scars..

Ylem

I doubt I can say something that will make you feel better but killing yourself or mutilating yourself would be a shame. You sound depressed. I suggest seeking out proffesional help. I went for help for many reasons and it has helped me out tremendously. I think Wynne also has some great advice.

By the way I think your being way too critical of yourself. Most of your skin is flawless.

Ylem

I doubt I can say something that will make you feel better but killing yourself or mutilating yourself would be a shame. You sound depressed. I suggest seeking out proffesional help. I went for help for many reasons and it has helped me out tremendously. I think Wynne also has some great advice.

By the way I think your being way too critical of yourself. Most of your skin is flawless.

i can understand where you are coming from. its difficult when you have the fear your will get more and more scarring. i honestly think you need to control your acne. i know people hate accutane, but perhaps a low dose over a long period is key. around the 10-20mg dose, its been shown you can still undergo treatments with little risk of negative side effects.

alternatively, just go on the spiro. i realise its for women, but men with high blood pressure tend to use it as well. given the amount of stress you've been putting yourself under for months, theres no doubt it might help you with that too. the best thing is it doesnt have the negative side effects accutane does, but obviously in large doses it may have feminising effects. a dose around 25mgs per day shouldnt do this and is completely reversable once you're off it. docs probably wont recommend it first off, but then again if you really want something you will often need to fight for it...so dont take no for an answer.

im terms of your scar treatments, i agree you were misled and i wouldnt consider any more laser treatments. i still think subcision would work for you, alongside the vacuuming. i recommend you get any further treatments done in asia, where they are much cheaper. im not too sure how most subcisions are done in the US, but there was an interesting video where I saw one done and i cant imagine the person in the following video having any rolling scars after this:

Guest Timehealsall

hey gimme, umm regarding the low dose of accutane 10-20 mg, can it possibly cause scarring? (amvc scarring and easily scarring from zits). Also would it cause a huge breakout? i also need to get my acne under control (using antibiotics and acne.org regimen)

Regarding the spirol, i am pretty sure no doctor would prescribe it for a guy?

hey gimme, umm regarding the low dose of accutane 10-20 mg, can it possibly cause scarring? (amvc scarring and easily scarring from zits). Also would it cause a huge breakout? i also need to get my acne under control (using antibiotics and acne.org regimen)

i dont think a low dose could cause a lot of scarring. it might cause a breakout, it did with me. lots of studies have shown it is possible to do treatments whilst in such small doses. some participants in the original tca cross study where on 20mgs of accutane a day and others were less than 4 months off accutane. some doctors may dispute this and wont treat people (which i think is great - just in case), but some journals say yes it is possible and it could work.

im not sure i believe in AMVC scarring. i believe it is caused by excessive dryness or certain types of pimples. when i used BP for many years i felt i developed more scarring. simularly, closed comedomes when they come out, often scarred for me. timehealsall - i dont believe you have a natural tendency to spontaneously scar - i believe it is all in your head and again need to find hobbies :) you are like the rest of us unfortunately and develop some scarring from acne....not spontaneously.

if you read my post above, yes some docs to give spiro to men - commonly for blood pressure problems and less commonly for acne. if you search around hard enough, there is no doubt ud find someone willing to do it.

obviously, with any dose there is a tendency for a slight feminising, but since the majority of people here seem to have found they have had testosterone problems (hormones causing acne), i cant help but believe it is worth it. especially since, the lower the dose, the less side effects..so its possible to have enough just to treat the acne and not have any additional problems. even better, any feminising would go away when you stopped taking it, unlike scarring which seems to last forever. the best thing for me appears to be the fact it doesnt thin the skin or anything horrible like accutane.

ps. please dont hijack threads where people are trying to help others. whilst i think we can honestly help ylem, you im not sure we can help. your too over the top ! :D

Oh dear, reading this makes me sad....I relate, ive had awful cystic acne too....I once tied to lance one and cut my skin, created a real mess.

There is only ONE treatment I reccomend for active acne.

The ONE thing that worked for me, 100% ...

Blue light therapy. Not red....BLUE.

Try and find somewhere with a machine...and book 12 sessions. Its worth the money, because personally after blue light, I didnt get a zit for YEARS.

Also, try to eat well, clean foods, no preservatives...detox your body, when you cleanse your skin, do 1 minute of massage with the foam...followed by a second 1 minute cleanse. Often we wash our faces too quickly- and we dont remove the dirts. Having said that ONLY cleanse twice a day, dont pick and use a miosturiser too.

Consider a natural therapist consultation...I knew a guy who suffered cystic acne, he saw a natropath and was cured with a daily tincture, a few drops of herbs he had to drink a day.

Invest in some copper petide serum, and use that on new blemishes to reduce risk of scarring.

Goodluck!!

Adella

i guess the thing that comes to mind is everyone reacts differently. copper peptides was death for me. it turned my usually mild to moderate acne into severe cysts (which i had never had in my life) and left me with rolling scats, a type of scarring i had never had before. i had cysts on my cysts and for that reason i've always recommended people stay right away from it. vitamin c serum appears to produce similar benefits (even if to a smaller degree) and doesnt cause such a reaction on acne prone skin.

i like the idea of the natural therapist and the like :)

I feel I should ahve had the cortisone shot to get them down faster. I am so egretting I did not do this :(

It's prob not too late for the cortisone shot Ylem...Maybe go see a doc asap and talk to them about what you can do. It will get better...nothing is forever and give yourself some time...things will work out x

Ylem, I live near a dermatologist that does subcision. He charges about $500. I would seriously pick you up from the airport, drive you to the doctor, and give you a place to stay for the night. If you had the money for the plane ticket and the cost of the subcision, this would be a real option for you (I live in North Carolina). PLEASE don't give up, there IS hope! I'm so sorry that doctor ripped you off, but everything can and will get better.

I agree with gimmee that you should do something to control your acne. Every new scar causes you to feel worse, so take care of that first. I urge you to seek out counseling of some kind. When I am feeling terrible about myself or my life, my scars look so bad and make me feel terrible. When I'm feeling confident, they're the last thing on my mind.

We're here for you! Don't give up!

Another option, Ylem, is dermal grafting. I mention this because Ernesto basically received dermal grafting with PRP added to it. It could level your scars. I believe lasers are a good finishing touch, but you want to level out your scars first.:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/doctor-de...dermal+grafting

I asked about this months ago, and someone received treatments in CA and her scars are mostly gone.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Punch-Exc...rmal-t4861.html

This person no longer signs onto the board so unfortunately, I'm not sure if this doctor is even still practicing. But the doctor mentions that most of the time, dermal grafting is permanent and effective.

Guest Timehealsall

i dont think a low dose could cause a lot of scarring. it might cause a breakout, it did with me. lots of studies have shown it is possible to do treatments whilst in such small doses. some participants in the original tca cross study where on 20mgs of accutane a day and others were less than 4 months off accutane. some doctors may dispute this and wont treat people (which i think is great - just in case), but some journals say yes it is possible and it could work.

im not sure i believe in AMVC scarring. i believe it is caused by excessive dryness or certain types of pimples. when i used BP for many years i felt i developed more scarring. simularly, closed comedomes when they come out, often scarred for me. timehealsall - i dont believe you have a natural tendency to spontaneously scar - i believe it is all in your head and again need to find hobbies :) you are like the rest of us unfortunately and develop some scarring from acne....not spontaneously.

if you read my post above, yes some docs to give spiro to men - commonly for blood pressure problems and less commonly for acne. if you search around hard enough, there is no doubt ud find someone willing to do it.

obviously, with any dose there is a tendency for a slight feminising, but since the majority of people here seem to have found they have had testosterone problems (hormones causing acne), i cant help but believe it is worth it. especially since, the lower the dose, the less side effects..so its possible to have enough just to treat the acne and not have any additional problems. even better, any feminising would go away when you stopped taking it, unlike scarring which seems to last forever. the best thing for me appears to be the fact it doesnt thin the skin or anything horrible like accutane.

ps. please dont hijack threads where people are trying to help others. whilst i think we can honestly help ylem, you im not sure we can help. your too over the top ! :D

i just do not understand how dryness (even severe) can cause scarring. I have asked many derms and they also agree on this. I mean even if it could (as you state) i never had severe dryness. I mean that one area where i showed you that linear scar, i never ever even had a zit there! Also, the areas wher eim getting these random scars now (temples) i get like 1-2 small zits but the scars are NOT in the place those zits spawned

could antibiotics cause scarring?