Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jr155

Products for Oily Skin Control?

Is there any especially effective product that I can apply in the morning and day that will keep my face matte for a long period of time? Blotting sheets only work for about 45 min for me. Any suggestions are welcomed

What kind of blotting sheets did you use? Brand, etc..

Also, eating food with less oil, like fruits and vegetable, and having a daily exercise will help.

Edited by SeraphiPod

I have the same problem man, purchase Oil Blotting Sheets and stick with those for now, I know they're a hassle but use them whenever you use the bathroom, and drink alot of water. That's the most I recommend for now.

For oily skin or even regular skin, the best thing to use is "Tea Tree" soap, its the best for cleaning bacteria and for sensitive skin, i use it my self and when i went to see my dermotoligist he told me that tea tree is good. I use it 3 times a day, in the morning when i wake up, and when i come back home, and at night before i sleep, i also use a tea tree toner before going to bed, make shure your hands are clean at all times, keep baby wipes with u in your bag/purse, i wouldnt use anti bacterial much because when you touch your face its too harsh for ur face, because our faces are sensitive.

For makeup, i put on make up but not regulary, my dermotoligist told me the good kind of make up to use, for girls who wear foundation, best make up is ALMAY or MARCELLE, and its always good to use loose powder if u use powders, also for blush, the almay or marcelle is also good, but if you use any kind of eye shadow, its okay because eyeshadow doesnt harm you can also use it as a blush better then regular blush.

and for anyone who has acne, go to your dermotoligist he will write you a prescribes cream thats mixed with antbiotics powder.

hope i helped out a little :)

I've tried milk of magnesia but it only helps a bit and it's hard to put it on with it leaving the streaks and all.

I've tried milk of magnesia but it only helps a bit and it's hard to put it on with it leaving the streaks and all.

I have very oily skin & using Milk of Magnesia has worked very well for me. Of course there's nothing that will keep the oil away forever lol, so I use this in the morning & blot periodically throughout the day. Maybe you could try applying a bit more of the M.O.M., the more you apply, the more oil it absorbs. As for the streaks & white chalkiness, as long as you rub it in really well you will be fine. & if you notice a streak just wet your finger a bit & rub it in. & you should use cotton balls or make up wedges to apply, they work great.

Good luck!

If your looking for something simple you can just buy at walmart or any store i highly reccomend Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser at Night and Cetaphil for normal to oily skin in the morning.. Twice a week i also exfoliate with St. Ives Tea Tree Scrub. I had very oily skin and this worked wonders!

There's a product that I've used for years and it's called SEBAN oil inhibitor liquid formula. For me this has been the very best oil control product I have ever used. It has an ingredient called perfluoroalkyl surfactant which stops facial oil build up. Since I can't type the website address, Google cooperlabs or seban oil inhibitor and you can go to the cooperlabs website and order the product.

There's a product that I've used for years and it's called SEBAN oil inhibitor liquid formula. For me this has been the very best oil control product I have ever used. It has an ingredient called perfluoroalkyl surfactant which stops facial oil build up. Since I can't type the website address, Google cooperlabs or seban oil inhibitor and you can go to the cooperlabs website and order the product.

So I went to http://www.cooperlabs.com/Seban/ and checked it out. $15 for a 3 oz. bottle of liquid. I'm trying to get my head around on how exactly a surfactant works for the problem at hand. It's obviously not a treatment, and I have no issues with that, as long as it holds up to the claim of delaying the oil up to 8 hrs.

Can one of the US-based regulars here test it and report back?

A side question would be why is this product so low profile. It's the first time I hear of it.

be wary. rlw joined on the 5th of May just to make a post about this product?

Secondly there is no information about this mysterious active ingredient? Not even on their own website. How does it work? Why does it work? Any clinical studies? No mention of anything like that at all.

Third, the second and third ingredients on the list are SD Alcohol and Isopropyl Alcohol. Very harsh and drying to the skin.

be wary. rlw joined on the 5th of May just to make a post about this product?

Secondly there is no information about this mysterious active ingredient? Not even on their own website. How does it work? Why does it work? Any clinical studies? No mention of anything like that at all.

Third, the second and third ingredients on the list are SD Alcohol and Isopropyl Alcohol. Very harsh and drying to the skin.

I have been using Seban since the early 90's when I was able to buy it from Walgreens. I have extremely oily skin normally, but this has controlled my oil very well without drying my face out at all, even though there is alcohol in the product.

i also have EXTREMELY oily skin....i've yet to find a way to really fix it completely. some suggestions are to use those oil blot films (FILM, not the paper ones) to start off. i would also recommend using powder/mineral foundations instead of liquid. you could also try adding cornstarch to loose powder (cornstarch draws moisture OUT) or use a finishing powder made of silica (makeup forever makes one but you can search 100% silica powder and find tons of products for way cheaper)

of course i have never found an outright "cure" for it :<

Please see my post for Estee lauder pore minimizing skin refinisher. I only discovered it two days ago but I am already much drier than I was all day long. I forgot to mention in that post that it has no noticeable fragrance once applied (very slight orangey smell in the bottle) and is completely invisible so it should work for males and femals alike. Effect is istant it seems.