Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Untouchable

Yellowing of the eyes

I just started my second cycle of Accutane a week ago. I've noticed though that my eyes, like in the corners, are getting a little yellow. I didn't realize it until my mom commented on 'em yesterday. I went to the doc today and got a physical, just to make sure everything was fine.. and she didn't mention anything about them. I don't get my first blood test for another few weeks. She said that it'll confirm if anything is wrong, other than that I'm fine.

I looked online about yellow eyes and supposedly it has something to do with the liver.. I mean, I really don't wanna fuck it up. Is there anything I could do? Maybe take that blood test sooner? I'd wanna know if my liver is malfunctioning or whatever. Could drinking a lot of water help? Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Did you tell your doctor about the yellowed eyes? If not, call back ASAP and mention them, speak to the doctor's nurse. The blood tests need to be sooner. Jaundice is the possibility, caused by liver damage.

Doctors don't always see everything, that's why you have to mention things yourself that you notice.

No, I didn't mention it. I didn't think about it until later. I was just reading about Jaundice. So what can happen with that? I'll call my derm tomorrow, and try to go take it before the weekend.

It just means there's possible liver damage. Don't take the accutane until you've seen the doctor. It's NOT necessarily that you have liver damage, it may not be jaundice but there's absolutely no point in not being completely safe.

Call tomorrow, ok?

Haven't you ever watched house? yellow eyes = liver failure.

"do a bloodtest to prove it" =p

sorry this is no joking matter. definitely lay off accutane till results come back