Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok i'm only a teenager and i'm thinknig about going on birth control..... But for my period I HATE mine!!! Mine's sooo heavy and not regular so i'm gonna og on birth control to help that.

Only problem is I can't decide which one I want to go on.

I wanna go on either the shot, patch, or mini-pill.... I also like the gaining weight part cuz I really need to gain about 30 pounds lol. I heard the shot makes you gain lots of weight? Does the patch make you gain weight? If so about how much???? And would the shot or patch be safe for a teenage girl?

One more question does the patch make your period lighter just curious? I know the depo shot can and probably will lighten up your period then after a year stop it completely in some cases. If anyone has experiences with either the patch, mini-pill, or shot please comment and lemme know your eperience and side effects you had with it thanks soo much!! :)

I don't think you should get the shot if your young. Some forms of birth control have higher risk then others and some are made more for people that have already had kids like I believe the shot is for. Some of those things can accidentally make it so you can't have kids.

Try just the regular once a day pill. If you can't remember to take it everyday set an alarm so you'll take it at that time everyday.

For your periods try something like Yaz or Ortho Cyclen since they are 28 days packs which means they only have 4 sugar pill days (a 4 day period usually less) compared to like Yasmin or Ortho Tri-Cyclen you have 7 sugar pill days. I'm sure theres other pills that have only 4 sugar pills as well just do your research.

Oh and if your periods are REALLY unbearable theres also the pills that give you only 4 periods a year like Seasonique and Seasonale I believe Seasonale is 3 months of pills then 4 sugar pills and Seasonique is 3 months with 7 sugar pills, I'm sure a google search can confirm that.

Good luck

Can you really choose your medication?? I thought doctors were supposed to do that :P

If your period is irregular then you should definitely go on the pill, but you need to see a GYN.

Your period might not get regular for another 1-2 years until you stop growing up/developing.

Go see a doctor and gl :)

Can you really choose your medication?? I thought doctors were supposed to do that :P

If your period is irregular then you should definitely go on the pill, but you need to see a GYN.

Your period might not get regular for another 1-2 years until you stop growing up/developing.

Go see a doctor and gl :)

Of course you can choose =] as long as your doctor feels you need the medicine the brand is your choice (and your insurance sorta picks for you to)

Thanks. I was just wanting to try the shot cuz I heardthat works good but also I read bad reviews of it which freaked me out. Yea im seeing a GYO next month..... Maybe I should try the patch I really dont wanna try the pill but if I have ot I will to remeber it i'll just put it by something I do everyday like brush my teeth.....

Is it ok to take the pill at night like at 6pm or something?

Thanks. I was just wanting to try the shot cuz I heardthat works good but also I read bad reviews of it which freaked me out. Yea im seeing a GYO next month..... Maybe I should try the patch I really dont wanna try the pill but if I have ot I will to remeber it i'll just put it by something I do everyday like brush my teeth.....

You can take the pill at any time of the day as long as its something you'll remember...actually taking it before "bedtime" helps with the initial side-effects. The patch I've only heard really bad things about..I've heard it makes acne worse, and sometimes leaves a rash were it was at....be sure to do as much research as you can.

You can take the pill at any time of the day as long as its something you'll remember...actually taking it before "bedtime" helps with the initial side-effects. The patch I've only heard really bad things about..I've heard it makes acne worse, and sometimes leaves a rash were it was at....be sure to do as much research as you can.

Thanks:) I wanna try the shot first and see how that goes with the weight gain then once I gain all the weight I need lol prob switch to the patch.