Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thejay

2 oz. Treatment vs. 8 oz. Treatment

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I started the regimen about 5 weeks ago. I started off just buying the 2 oz. travel size bottle of treatment because I didn't want a huge bottle of stuff just in case I had a reaction to it or I found it didn't work all that great for me. So I used it for about 3 weeks and everything was looking up. My skin had gotten clearer and I got the dryness under control.

So, I bought the 8 oz. bottle. Within a few days of using the 8 oz. bottle, I had broken out again. I also find that when I use the 8 oz. bottle, it takes longer to dry and it kinda feels different going on my face.

So what do you guys think is up? Did the formula get switched at some point and I got a 2 oz. from the old batch and a 8 oz. from a new batch? Or is it just a coincidence with a normal breakout and switching bottles?

It's not uncommon to still be breaking out in the first month. Lots of people clear up during the first week or two, and then break out again.

Keep in mind that most Regimen users see significant and consistent clearing by around the third month (although some people clear up sooner and some may take a bit longer). Until then, it's normal to go through cycles of clearing up and breaking out, but the breakouts should get less and less severe the longer you're on The Regimen, until they eventually just stop happening.

For an idea of what you might experience, check out the What To Expect page.