Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, my bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is almost finished.. and that stuff is way too drying. I need something gentler that won't dry me out but still works good. So yes, recommendations please.

clean and clear blackhead scrub its pretty good.. and cheap. i got mine for 5 bucks canadian.. and i think aveeno clear skin ( i think thats what its called) foaming wash is pretty good to.. 10 bucks.. both werent at all drying

Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent, Salicylic Acid Acne Medication - 8 fl oz.. looks like a good deal at $4.50 for a 8 oz bottle.. What's the difference between this and what the op used??

Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent, Salicylic Acid Acne Medication - 8 fl oz.. looks like a good deal at $4.50 for a 8 oz bottle.. What's the difference between this and what the op used??

Actually the microbeads are kinda cool, they help to exfoliate loose skin cells and such. Anyways, I haven't tried the astringent, but the blackhead clearing scrub works really well.

I was using the C&C blackhead clearing scrub (BCS), but I wanted to try something else, so now I'm using the C&C Advantage wash - their 2% SA w/o beads.

I like it. If you use the same amount of the advantage as you did the BCS, then it may dry you out. Where I was using about a fingers worth on my face of the BCS, I need less then half that of the advantage.

I liked the advantage better because it wasn't as moustirizing as the BCS. Not that the Advantage is overly drying, but I have very oily skin usually and if I can avoid moisture I will. I believe the BCS has some jojoba stuff in it (and the Advantage doesn't) so thats probably why.

Also, the beads felt nifty and all while scrubbing your skin, but after a few days the novelty goes away and it just becomes a pain to get them all off your face. The Advantage washes off much easier.

Any other non-microbead reccomendations? I heard the murad acne cleanser is really good (without using the other murad products.) And what about the L'Oreal Acne Wash? How is that as far as drying goes?

i use C&C Advantage SA wash and i'm on Botchlas and wow..my skin is 100% clear and my red marks are fading fast..i love the SA wash..it foams well..nice scent and keeps skin wonderful..

St. Ive's Medicated Apricot Scrub is pretty good, it helped a lil with my acne.

If you want the non-beaded, use Netrogena Deep Cleanser (the one with Mischa Barton in the commercial lol)...it works really well and gives you a cool/minty tingle on your face afterwards.

i must say, i stand by and love clean and clear blackhead scrub as my single favorite anti acne product

2nd being neutrogena ots bp gel (havent tried dans sorry)

i use the scrub as a wash AND a moisturizer in one

weird thing is though, i scrub then bp, and it keeps me just as moisturizes as i was bp then moisturizer, it really makes my skin baby soft

the scrub seemed to really improve the softness and general quality of my skin like i havent seen it for years

and the microbeads arent a problem for me, they may be what does teh exfoliation? if it werent for the exfoliation i wouldnt preach this product so much, id use it even WITHOUT the SA