Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ahya

DRY cheeks and T-Zone OILY!

how do i control dryness? my face(cheeks/jaw) tends to tighten and dry after 20-30 mins, and flakes just appears,, it does not hurt, but i do not want to touch it because I'm scared if im gonna irritate it >.>

this is my "regimen":

1-wash face w/ water

2-aveeno moisture calming cleanse

3-proactiv BP (if there is any other over the counter BP that works better than u think then pls reply the name)

4-a lil moisturizer (anyone know a moisturizer for face thats good for oily face?)

oh and also, my T-Zone tends to get REALLY REALLY get oily at the end of the day and i don't know how to control it(i have C&C oil absorbing sheets) and i wanna stop buying this cuz its really expensive and i use alot in 1 day, i stopped my astringent and only use BP, i do not moisturize a lot but only a little

P.S. i dont have jojoba oil, im using Proactiv's BP,

TY and pls reply!

buy dan's new moisturizer. trust me. i never thought that applying a moisturizer could reduce oilyness. but it does. ive been using it for about 3 days now and it has worked so well. i had the same problems as you. i would get dry tight and flaky around my mouth, but by the end of the day my face would just be an oil slick. i would use those oil absorbing wipes, but it would all just come back after about 20 minutes. Dan's moisturizer got rid of all the oil. it makes your skin think their is enough oil so it stops producing so much. i no longer have oil dripping off my face, and i barely ever have to use the absorbing sheet things.

i just use toilet paper squares to blot, if its two-ply then just peel them apart.

Not completely sure about the moisturizer thing, you'd have to experiment with it, i personally like cetaphil lotion, but some people don't

Just experiment, or buy dans, like the above poster said.

Use a balancing moisturizer; I like Dr. Hauschka's normalizing day oil. And you can use toilet seat covers, they almost work better than blotting sheets and they are free!

ok i only have Neutrogena oil-free moisture[sensitive skin] and OLAY complete all day UV moisture cream SPF 15[also sensitive skin] so which one is better for oily skin?

i just use toilet paper squares to blot, if its two-ply then just peel them apart.

Not completely sure about the moisturizer thing, you'd have to experiment with it, i personally like cetaphil lotion, but some people don't

Just experiment, or buy dans, like the above poster said.

Cetaphil Lotion for the face? Do you have oily face(or T-zone)?

moisturize more. i have oily skin and moisturizing more is a lot better than having dry skin.

ok i will moisturize more BUT before that, if you have oily skin, what product are you using? i might just copy u off and maybe it'll work, so what moisturizer are you using?

TY

moisturize more. i have oily skin and moisturizing more is a lot better than having dry skin.

ok i will moisturize more BUT before that, if you have oily skin, what product are you using? i might just copy u off and maybe it'll work, so what moisturizer are you using?

TY

i cleanse with avalon organics. it can be drying but i moisturize so it works. i use dans moisturizer but its the old formula, as i have not bought the new one yet. however, i expect to work just as well or even better.

ok i did moisturize more and made my face mooore oily tonight :[ daang by the way, i used NEUTROGENA moisture[sensitive skin]oil-free

ok i did moisturize more and made my face mooore oily tonight :[ daang by the way, i used NEUTROGENA moisture[sensitive skin]oil-free

oil free moisturizers arent that great. oil is actually good for you skin because it hydrates your skin better. there is all this notion that oil on your face is bad. its not.

oil free moisturizers arent that great. oil is actually good for you skin because it hydrates your skin better. there is all this notion that oil on your face is bad. its not.

OH! hmm, thats why i need to read more of posts here.. TY i totally ddnt know about that, ill try the OLAY moisture cream[sensitive skin] next time! TY Kim!