Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so as you can see my old log has gotten pretty long... maybe i post a little too much lol :rolleyes: so here i am, continuing my fight against skin picking! and it looks like i'm winning! :dance:

another pick free day! for the first time in my life i haven't wanted to pop every pimple on my face. i'm going through the initial breakout of retinoids, and i've had several really bad pimples in the last week or so. even when they became whiteheads i didn't pop them! my clogs are coming out, and i haven't dug them out with my fingernail like i use to; i've just let them come out naturally. i'm really proud of the progress i've been making, and my skin is showing it!

Edited by loveNlipgloss

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

haha its fine the support system is awesome! and i dont mind one bit, in fact i sort of obsessively check on here for replies!

thanks so much! and post all you want, i enjoy everyones replies! :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

good for you!!! :) Im so glad to hear you have been able to stop picking at your skin.

Its been a bad habit of mine- for years...

I have the suffered the scars to prove it!

keep it up, any techniques you used to stop the habit?? if so, share!

Adella

i picked some clogs off today while doing my homework (stress!). of course i was scanning my skin, which triggered the picking. i need to work on that habit more! now i have some bleeding little open pores where they were. and i picked off a scab too. they better not turn into huge flare-ups!

thanks adella! im definitely not completely 'done' with picking, as you can see from this post. :( as for techniques i dont have any in particular that stand out to me, but you can read through my logs if you want. i think just being mentally ready helped me the most. little quick-fixes never did much, and if they did the 'effectiveness' wore off in a few days. avoiding triggers like touching your skin and looking in mirrors minimizes picking as well, because you'll have less oppurtunities to see/feel a spot you want to pick. i hope this helped! you can get through this too! stay strong! :)

Edited by loveNlipgloss

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

eh, im not that good about keeping stuff like that on, and i dont live alone so it would be kind of weird to be walking around with a bunch of white dots on my face! but do tell me how it goes!

no picking today! i have 2 small presentations this week and a really big one on friday so that should motivate me to keep my skin clear.

Edited by loveNlipgloss

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It's nice to see your progress via the new titles of your logs. And I definitely benefit from the support everyone gives! Thanks guys! =)

Just now I looked in the mirror and my immediate reaction was not one of disgust! Less redness and lesions every day, I just need to stay positive and nottttttt touch those darn little bumps that would never be pimples! Ooh that makes me so mad! One thing is to pop a pimple and make it worse, but what I usually do is squeeze something that's not even a pimple and then it gets so irritated that it turns into one!

I've heard of people developing some sort of fungal infection (need to re-look this up as i've forgotten the details) from using too much BP and I think this is what happens to me, along my jawline, I end up with these little bumps that aren't really pimples, sometimes they're itchy, but if I mess with them they turn into spots all the same.

What do you do for healing post-acne lesions that get ridiculously dry? At night I can put on vitamin E, but when I need to put on makeup, all lotions I've tried (cetaphil, neutrogena aha...a few others) make my skin too greasy and I end up feeling like I have to wash it off which only dries me out more...

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

AshleyNicole: I think i read somewhere that zinc can cause flakiness? ive tried tea tree oil and it didnt do much plus it smells awful :P and since im on prescription acne meds now i dont want to add anything extra. and the new medication has made such a difference in my skin! sooo many clogs are pushing themselves out (that does sound gross - even the really deep stubborn ones). i went through a purge but that seems to be coming to an end. my skin is overall much smoother! oh and the big presentation is for biology and i have to give two book talks for english and reading content. yay! ...not.

cant_stop: argh, i know what you mean. one of the spots i picked last night turned into a strange bump under the skin. its not even like a pimple, and it doesn't hurt like a cyst. its just a big, slightly red lump under the skin. kind of like a mosquito bite? weird, i know. and i think i had one in the same spot about a month ago.

not much, really. my skin is actually ridiculously oily so i see the spots drying up as a good thing. then they fall off and leave some fresh pink skin. sorry, i dont really know how to help you on that one. :(

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

yeah it is really gross. :sick: it makes me just want to pick them out myself! but no, i will not do that!

thanks! im feeling pretty good about the biology presentation because i worked on it all weekend, but i havent even started the one for english. its on friday too! oh well, its not really that hard. i hope this stress wont cause me too pick! i just have to remind myself that if i dont pick i can have the whole weekend to relax (hopefully).

damnit :wall: i just picked and squeezed my face to shreds. i actually got up really close to the mirror and cleaned out every clogged pore or blackhead i could find. i havent done that in sooo long. i even picked at my arms and legs. i guess the stress got to me. maybe my brain was craving the good feeling you get from picking. well great, cuz now i look and feel like crap. so much for looking nice for my presentations. obviously a relapse isnt a good thing, but after a relapse like this i can usually hold off on picking for a while. im hoping and praying the picked spots (aka everywhere) wont turn into a horrible breakout. why did i do this??? why didnt i pull myself a way?? im so sick of this. i thought it was over.

:(

Edited by loveNlipgloss

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Ohh girl, I'm so sorry! That is the absolute WORST feeling. I wish there were some way that I could help you out, but the only thing I've got is...we've all been there, we've all done it, we all wish there were some way to undo it but there isn't...Just hold your head up high and remind yourself that you're your worst critic! No one else is noticing as much as you think they are (if at all.) I always tell myself that I notice people's skin, so of course they notice mine but....you know what, we notice other people's skin because we're so conscious of our own, so chin up and stay calm :) You're doing a tough thing, more or less on your own, I mean some people go to therapy for this! We're tackling it solo. Slip-ups are inevitable, just gotta get past them and not let them cause us to slip up again.

thanks you guys :) i didn't let it get to me too much. relapses ARE are a part of quitting. i know that from experience now.

i was dying to pick today, i guess last night reminded me of that pleasurable feeling you get from picking (and the awful regret) and i was craving more. i sound like a drug addict. i only picked one little clog from my forehead today. i will not pick tonight! i'm going to finish my homework and go to bed as if nothing is wrong!

i can feel spots forming in the picked spots. and ouch, they hurt.

my goal is to not pick this entire week, then have sunday to relax - kind of like a reward. goals motivate me, but if i try too hard, i trip and fall even harder.

Arrg I know how you feel!! My problem is picking too!! I was good for 3 days but today I fell off the no pick wagon! I don't scar (thank goodness I don't know how I got so lucky) but I think picking is what's stopping my skin from clearing up completely! It's so depressing but I just can't help it. As soon as I have a bad day all I wanna do is go home and attack my face!! It does not make my day better at all though, only worse because afterwards I look like a swamp monster :(

Hey--a bit off topic, but next week I'm going back to the derm and am thinkin about asking if I can go on accutane. He suggested it a few times before but we both decided it was too strong for my acne, but now i'm havin second thoughts. Any experiences?

erynemu, thanks for your reply! isnt is just the worst feeling ever?i guess the only way to avoid it is by not picking. :rolleyes:

i havent tried accutane, sorry!

i didnt pick today. i caught my skin in bright natural lighting, and i wanted to cry. i look awful! :( i want to pick so much, and i dont know why. i know that picking makes things worse. i know i can do this, and now i feel like im going to lose it. MUST NOT PICK!

edit edit edit: argh i just picked more!! i feel like im losing my mind! i just cant control myself! i sueezed some blackheads out of my back and popped all the white heads on my face. ahh and i have a presentation in 2 days... kill me now :wall: i look absolutely horrible. i cant let myself pick for the rest of the week.

Edited by loveNlipgloss