Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

How much BP to use on areas where you do not breakout as often?

Guest Timehealsall

I was wondering if it is necessary to use tons of BP in areas where you do not break out as often. For example, my forehead breakouts once in a while, so should i still be putting tons of BP on my forehead? Same goes with my temples. My cheeks are the areas most prone to breakouts.

Also, on my forehead, i keep getting these random dry/bulby "plugs" that peel off after a while. What is this?

I put on almost equal amount of BP in any area that I have broke out. Does not matter how often.

The -plugs- are exactly that, blackheads, or just clogged pores that are working there way out.

I always get excited when i see one, because its one less clog i'll never see again, and its cool to see what it looks like when its NOT all up in your pore.

And i evenly apply the BP everywhere, but i tend to use a TEENY bit more on my cheeks and chin because thats where i break out most, and if i'm having a breakout and the spots aren't coming to a head quick enough, i'll dab on some extra right after cleansing, wait till its all dry, and apply BP.

Pro tip: Don't apply blobs of BP multiple times a day to big pimples, only makes them sore, bleed, and last FOREVER.

Guest Timehealsall

hey umm regarding those plugs. Most of the ones i have on my forehead seem as if they are ready to like go (if i touch them, they seem as if thy might fall apart). i am very gentle over the areas where these bulbs are but is it okay if they come off when i apply bp over them or moisturize? Will this cause scarring?

Ye i used to apply tons of BP to big pimples int he past, and i regret that so much. The pimples just ended up drying real fast but then becoming reinflamed and whatnot.

hey umm regarding those plugs. Most of the ones i have on my forehead seem as if they are ready to like go (if i touch them, they seem as if thy might fall apart). i am very gentle over the areas where these bulbs are but is it okay if they come off when i apply bp over them or moisturize? Will this cause scarring?

Ye i used to apply tons of BP to big pimples int he past, and i regret that so much. The pimples just ended up drying real fast but then becoming reinflamed and whatnot.

its just dislodging a clog, it might leave a tiny hole, but it'll close up eventually.