Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sandman21

Sandman's (mostly) natural products log!

Thanks for stopping by! :P

Right now, I don't have *acne* in the sense of spots. In fact, if I run my hand across my face, there are no bumps or ridges. Everything is pretty much smooth. But I'm not happy with my skin. Why? Redmarks are the bane of my existence. Since I have very fair skin, every little spot leaves a mark. Call it PIH, or PIE, or XYZ, I'm sick of them. :confused: So after having done some skincare research, I've decided to embark upon the following regimen that will hopefully speed the recovery of my skin and have it looking fresh and even. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skincare products

- Apple cider vinegar (ACV). Diluted 1:1 with water, 3x/day on a cotton ball. Purpose: fade red marks, kill active bacteria, and acidify skin to hopefully drive future bacteria out of their pH range.

- Plain yogurt masks. 3x/week. Purpose: further acidify skin by utilizing yogurt's inherent lactic acid, fade red spots with lactic acid, introduce beneficial probiotics into skin, exfoliant since I gently peel off the yogurt after it's dried.

- Witch hazel. Throughout the day on a cotton ball. Purpose: astringent, removing physical blemishes such as oils and dirt.

Chemical products (if needed only)

- Benzoyl peroxide cream 3.5%. Will be used to spot treat only if ACV isn't doing the trick.

- Hydroquinone cream 2.5%. Will be used to fade red marks only if ACV/plain yogurt isn't working.

Good stuff for me (and hopefully, my skin)

- Eat a balanced diet. Nothing crazy. Cutting back on dairy, artificial sugars, fatty foods, and processed foods in general. Goal is to increase intake of fruits, vegetables, and water. Daily consumption of "miracle foods" (yogurt, raw garlic, olive oil).

- Sleep enough. Goal is 11 PM bedtime, 8 AM wake-up time, every night. 9 hours of sleep for my skin to heal itself at optimum efficiency.

- Cardio. Your body will eventually heal itself from acne, given the time. By running, and getting more blood flow to all of my body, I hope that my own natural healing compounds will more effectively penetrate to problem areas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now! I'll post occasional updates as to how specific things are working out in the hope that my experiences can, in at least some small way, help you out with your own journey to clear skin. Thanks for reading! :clap:

Edited by Sandman21

Interesting post. I mainly have the same problem as you. I only have a couple small zits on my forehead but my biggest issue is all of the red dots left over that never seem to go away. I have tried Vitamin E oil but I didn't like it. I have a bottle of EMU OIL coming in the mail which I've heard great things about.

Let me know how these work out for you.

Interesting post. I mainly have the same problem as you. I only have a couple small zits on my forehead but my biggest issue is all of the red dots left over that never seem to go away. I have tried Vitamin E oil but I didn't like it. I have a bottle of EMU OIL coming in the mail which I've heard great things about.

Let me know how these work out for you.

Thanks for posting, I will do so. :D Let me know how you like the emu.

Day 3

So far, only incremental progress. The good news is that the new regimen doesn't seemed to have caused any new spots. As far as I can tell, I'm still basically "acne-free."

Bad news is that the red marks from previous breakouts are still very apparent, and as far as I can tell, little-to-no progress has been made on fading them.

Day 3

So far, only incremental progress. The good news is that the new regimen doesn't seemed to have caused any new spots. As far as I can tell, I'm still basically "acne-free."

Bad news is that the red marks from previous breakouts are still very apparent, and as far as I can tell, little-to-no progress has been made on fading them.

Is the ACV not working for you?

I use the emu oil and leave that on for 30 minutes to an hour. Then I use 50/50 Water/AVC on a cotton swab all over my face, and when I wake up much of my red marks are slightly fading. It's only been 3 days for me though so I'm not completely sold yet.