Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strwberry2178

Is it bad to keep switching BC pills if the ones you tried don't work...

I was on Ocella for 2 months over the summer..but it made my heart race...so I quit taking it and my doctor gave me Alesse (generic Aviane). It hasn't really improved my skin at all..and I'm starting month 4. It hasn't necessarily gotten worse...but it hasn't improved either. I still get 3-4 nodules a month...and my back is broken out pretty bad. UGH. If I want to switch pills again when I go to the doctor in December..is that bad? I know my body will have to adjust.

Its not bad girls switch bcp all the time. =] Just make sure you give your body time to adjust to make sure its working for you, and sometimes bcp might not help with acne, as long as it doesn't make it worse is what should matter if you can't find one that helps.

Thanks for your reply! The only reason I'm on BC right now is to help my skin though...so I'm hoping to find one that does help. Ocella made my skin worse for the 2 months I was on it...it gave me like 4 nodules at one time on my forehead and chin...I don't know if it ever would have helped my skin or not..but I didn't want to continue it. My doctor claims Alesse was the first pill to be studied in Canada to help acne...but so far I'm not seeing much improvement at all..and I have been on it for 3 months...and I'm almost done the first week of my 4th month. I plan on waiting it out until December when I go back to the doctor, so I will have been on it for 5 months...and if I am still not happy with it..I might ask to switch again.

Thanks for your reply! The only reason I'm on BC right now is to help my skin though...so I'm hoping to find one that does help. Ocella made my skin worse for the 2 months I was on it...it gave me like 4 nodules at one time on my forehead and chin...I don't know if it ever would have helped my skin or not..but I didn't want to continue it. My doctor claims Alesse was the first pill to be studied in Canada to help acne...but so far I'm not seeing much improvement at all..and I have been on it for 3 months...and I'm almost done the first week of my 4th month. I plan on waiting it out until December when I go back to the doctor, so I will have been on it for 5 months...and if I am still not happy with it..I might ask to switch again.

Ocella is a generic brand isn't it? sometimes generics just don't work right maybe try Yaz or Ortho Cyclen....