Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I began using Saw Palmetto 8 days ago. I take 1 450mg Pill in the morning. One in the evening. I am quite certain my forehead acne has been caused by hormonal imbalances (too much testosterone due to being a 19 year old weight lifter).

Every day I take:

2 8000 IU Vitamin A

1 400 IU Vitamin E

2 450mg Saw Palmetto

1 30mg Opti-zinc

1 B100 Complex

2 500mg Fish Oil

I also occasionally take 200mg of flush niacin which I do believe has had some beneficial effects on my skin. I am a big believer that supplements can drastically help acne for many people.

The latest addition to my vitamin intake has been the Saw Palmetto, and I do believe it has helped my acne. It has only been 8 days, but I like the current results. I will update in a week or so.

(If anyone saw my recent post about starting B5, please note I stopped taking it immediately because hair loss runs in the family and I'm not gonna risk that at the age of 19).

Edited by JMaca

I began using Saw Palmetto 8 days ago. I take 1 450mg Pill in the morning. One in the evening. I am quite certain my forehead acne has been caused by hormonal imbalances (too much testosterone due to being a 19 year old weight lifter).

Every day I take:

2 8000 IU Vitamin A

1 400 IU Vitamin E

2 450mg Saw Palmetto

1 30mg Opti-zinc

1 B100 Complex

2 500mg Fish Oil

I also occasionally take 200mg of flush niacin which I do believe has had some beneficial effects on my skin. I am a big believer that supplements can drastically help acne for many people.

The latest addition to my vitamin intake has been the Saw Palmetto, and I do believe it has helped my acne. It has only been 8 days, but I like the current results. I will update in a week or so.

(If anyone saw my recent post about starting B5, please note I stopped taking it immediately because hair loss runs in the family and I'm not gonna risk that at the age of 19).

I have a question - for Saw Palmetto to be fully effective, should it be taken in the morning? What if I take it once at dinner time?

I picked up a bottle of Saw Palmetto yesterday and it said that it was supposed to improve prostate health....how is it supposed to help acne?

And can girls use it?

Saw Palmetto is supposed to help balance hormones, so if your acne is affected by hormonal imbalances, it could help. Won't hurt to try, just take the recommended dose on whatever bottle you buy.

I've been taking it twice a day for 6 days so far (hoping it would slow down my oil production but I can't say that it has) and I haven't seen much of a change. I'm going to give it a month or so.